• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud deleted all Cloud Documents, and it's not what you think.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I got logged out of both Creative Cloud and Photoshop. It took a while to log back in because I have 2 adobe accounts, and I first logged in with the wrong account.

I know it is the wrong account because there was no monthly plan, and that account's free trail ended. No worries, I logged back in with the correct account. When I did, Photoshop seemed to work as usual at first impression. It is indeed the right account, because it has the monthly plan, and without purchashing Photoshop does not work, yes?

When you open Photoshop, the homepage shows your recent files. However, I noticed that these were a week older than my most recent files. Turns out, these files were all recovered files.

When I looked into my cloud documents tab, all my cloud documents were gone. I called Adobe Support and they told me to try looking into my Creative Clouds using different methods, all with no luck.

The support guy said that I never saved ANY files onto my creative cloud, and that I must've been mistaken because my creative cloud usage was at 0%. However, I know for sure that I have been using the cloud documents, because the cloud document tab used to be full of files before. Now it's empty and says "No cloud documents to show".

After doing some research on forums here, here's what I found:
1. My issue is not that I have multiple CC files. On a similar forum, people said that when cloud updates, sometimes there would be a second Creative Cloud folder with all the old files. This is not my case, because I only have one Creative Cloud folder, and it is empty with only a link to the website version of Creative Cloud, which is empty.

2. My missing files did not turn up in my Recycle Bin. I checked and there were no missing files.

3. It is not a syncing problem, because the green check for syncing is there.

Lastly, what's interesting is that today I did a test save. I saved a new file into cloud documents, and it showed up exactly the way my missing files used to in Cloud Documents. It also showed version history. However, the "recovered" files on the photoshop home page have no version history.

It's as if Creative Cloud purged everything and restarted anew, judging by the 0% storage usage, and the fact that my account shows that my plan has been active for 3 months now.

I lost 3 months worth of client work, college assignments, and personal projects. That is 3 months of time and money I will never get back.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I couldn't find an option to edit, I thought I'd add that I was involuntarily logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it doen't help you now, but you may want to have a look at Schofields Second Law:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/follow-schofields-three-laws-of-computing-and-avoid-disasters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, I definitely learned my lesson!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines