• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud deleted my files

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went into my CC to access an old backup I needed and noticed that most of my files created and backed up prior to 2021 have been deleted. I did not delete these myself from my CC on desktop or website, these files are also not in my trash/archive and seem to have disappeared completely.

I've been using Adobe CC since 2015 and haven't made any major changes to my plans etc since.

Seriously Adobe, wtf?! Can't believe I pay you thousands of dollars and you can't even create a reliable cloud storage service. This is not good enough.

Since your service was succesfully able to delete my cloud backups I assume you'll also be able to let me know a way to retrieve them?

And yes, I have physical backups of these files, but that's not the point.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. This is not a common issue and we have a solution we can share here in our forums. I'd suggest contacting and working with our support directly to better understand what happened. They will most likely need to collect log files and additional info to help investigate. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

For reference, If I understand correctly, in your office you are all using File Syncing and you are also using Folder Collaboration for which you are the owner of the folders.

Items that are removed from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer go into the CC Assets site Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive From the Archive you have the option to Restore or Permanently Delete. If you Restore items they will sync back down to the Creative Cloud Files folder. I will add that a non-owner of a collaborated folder who has the editor role (both read and write access) can remove items from the collaborated folder and they will end up in your Archive and be removed from your local Creative Cloud Files folder. I am not saying that this is what happened, just that it is possible.

Please connect with our support team, they will be able to guide you. Please let us know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this...
You should always have a local copy of all files, not just in the cloud
If you don't have space on your computer drive use an external drive for files
A USB flash drive to carry with you... here are 2, there are many more available
PNY brand https://www.amazon.com/PNY-512GB-Turbo-Attach%C3%A9-Flash/dp/B0BF5VHLBZ
SanDisk https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-Ultra-Flash-Drive/dp/B083ZLJ5MG
Other flash drives are 1 or even 2 Terabytes
I use a Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup of my desktop computer
There are many external drive devices, this is the one I use
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING!!! Adobe is deleting LOCAL files from your computer. I understood Adobe will not support cloud storage anymore but why is it deleting files on my local machine. I still have a folder structure that I use and did not move the folder yet, thinking Adobe will stop syncing. We already have a different cloud storage solution but have not moved the data yet.

WHY is adobe deleting the local files!!?? This is incredibly stupid. I was shocked to see my work removed from both a mac and a pc. We do back up our data on separate HDDs but this was todays work.

WTH Adobe!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure something was deleted vs your cc sync folder being renamed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders and files I had were on the cloud and on 2 computers for a while now. Both computers were on but we were not working with those files/folders so no renaming, moving or deleting was happening from our side. Suddenly, some of the folders and files dissapeared.

They are back now but why were they missing to begin with.

My point is, you think your files are save because you have them saved locally on 2 computers but THEY ARE NOTE SAFE.

There is no option to stop the client app from deleting our files. You can only Pause sync, but that reverts back if you reboot your computer. We will move connect our new cloud storage solution to our creative folder and point creative cloud sync to a blank location because there is no way I know to dissable the file deletion... ahhm... file sync service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

but for others note that adobe will be renaming the local cc sync folder.  to Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding the same thing.  Local files, in particulr from Adobe Rush are just gone.  I find one email from Adobe from SEPTEMBER talking about this change but offering very little detail.  Way to go Adobe.  SMDH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Most everything but whats in lightroom is gone at those locations.  On the local devices, some of the original files are still linked in Rush, but a lot are gone.  I'm baffled that adobe would do this with only one email alert.  My fault for not touching those apps for a while I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't give up.  most (if not all) users here report their files reappearing within a few days.

if, and when that happens, back up your files to something you control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I won't panic either way, but I am definitely re-evaluating using adobe after this. Crazy that supposedly local backups on mobile devices and mac would just vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

agreed. not trusting anyone (including adobe) with important files is prudent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines