• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop - Created 1000's of empty folders, Sync does not work.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've had quite a frustrating experience with the Creative Cloud Desktop App, particularly the Creative Cloud Files library for Syncing to my Windows desktop.

In my local folder for Creative Cloud files to sync C://window/user/Creative Cloud Files there 5 extra folders that should not be there, all called something like "Creative Cloud Files (archived)(2).

Within each of those folders, is thousands of Empty folders also called "Creative Cloud Files." Thousands is not an exaggeration. When I go to delete them from the folder within my normal Windows Explorer, it finds about 3,000 of them per folder. Meaning Creative Cloud Sync has created 16,000 empty folders. Deleting them does not work. It appears like they are being recycled, but it will error out and they stay put.

Default "Creative Cloud Files" Directory

Screenshot at May 18th 2020 - 2.04.20 pm.png

Annotation on 2020-05-18 at 14-05-52.pngWhen I go to look at my Creative Cloud files ONLINE. It does not show the extra archive/empty duplicates.

Screenshot on 2020-05-18 at 14_09_40.png

When I go to Sync with the desktop app, it errors out with the following, saying "Some Files Failed to Sync" and when I go to "Learn more" it says "Unable to sync creative cloud files' due to a server error.. But I've already reset my hosts files with the adobe host reset tool ( a suggestion for this error) as I've been troubleshooting this for a while. 

Screenshot at May 18th 2020 - 2.12.25 pm.png

I've tried reinstalling Creative Cloud Desktop app

-Deleting the empty folders manually (never disappear)

-Pausing and Resuming Sync and trying to delete the folders (doesn't work)

-Restarting Adobe background processes

-Setting the Creative Cloud Folder to a  new location on PC 

-Logging in and out multiple times with Adobe account

In the meantime, I've kept syncing to desktop off for over 2 weeks since it never works.

I just want for my desktop sync to reflect the actual sync online. Instead, it has thousands of these duplicated folders that cannot be deleted. Happened around the time I updated both the creative cloud app, and all of my programs to 2020, but could be irrelevant to the issue.

Thank you

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remains an issue for me. Sync is staying paused until further notice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, me too is having problem with Sync, it is staying paused until further notice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get a follow up with this with an employee? Normal support routes are not helpful, as I just get linked to general help pages where none of the solutions have worked. 3 Months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem except all the thousands of random empty folders were all created on the same day! I have not used Adobe apps on my surface pro in a few years and now I'm just trying to delete all adobe apps off this computer since I no longer use it. I've deleted all the apps I had (photoshop, Lightroom and cloud) but there are still thousands and thousands of random letter named folders inside of different Adobe folders. I opened the app before deleting it and thats when all the folders were created almost instantly. I just want it all off my computer but many of the folders say they can not be deleted because they are open in "Adobe creative cloud" or "adobe core" or "adobe desktop". How can the folders be open in thoes apps if I've already deleted them?

Maybe my accound got hacked or something because I've never seen this happen on my Mac book before. I see no one has responded to this in a few years but I'm just hoping maybe someone with helpful info will see this, figured its worth a shot since I have no idea!

The images attatched are some of the folders that wont allow me to delete them and inside of thoes are many many more folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you have: Synced files have been disabled on Creative Cloud by now.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo 

eol is 2/1/2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad ,

My sync is offline!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

individual is 2/1/2024

enterprise/teams was from 10/1/2024 onwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rose135 

if you suspect a virus, you should carefully backup your data and try restoring your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines