• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop is killing my laptop

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time my laptop, Surface Book 2 Win11, has been running hot and the fan going at full throttle. 

It seems as though the culprit is the Creative Cloud Desktop app. It's consistenly using ~20-25% of the CPU. When I right-click and choose End Task, the fan slows down to a normal speed and the unit cools to a normal temperature. It prevents the computer from going into Sleep Mode as it continues to run even after the screen is closed. Other than ending it via Task Manager, the only thing that will allow the laptop to sleep is pressing the Power button.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Useful thoughts appreciated.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 15.18.02.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @PhotogCda,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Would you mind sharing the version of the Creative Cloud Desktop app you're using? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud Desktop app to check if that makes any difference?

Here is the link to uninstall the app: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

To download the app, click on this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines