• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop stopping other app installs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install an OBS app and I get the following message,....

OBS files are being used by the following applications....

Creative Cloud Desktop,  Please close these applications to contnue setup.

All my applications are closed.  How do I fix this?

I've read you are not supposed to close CCD.

Using Windows 10

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can exit and close the cc desktop app, but that won't shutdown all the running processes so you may need to use task manager to shut them down until you find the culprit that's preventing obs installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue today, and I couldn't quit Creative Cloud from my Windows 11 taskbar. However, if you open the 'hamburger' menu in the top left corner of CC, click File > Quit Creative Cloud. Alternately, Ctrl+W immediately quits CC (no prompt 'Are you sure?').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @irwin4,

We're sorry to hear about this. When you click on Ctrl + W, you're right; it closes the app immediately without any prompts, but I would suggest you close all the other background processes of the Creative Cloud Desktop app from the task manager and then try again. 

I also saw this link on the web, which helps in resolving the issue you're seeing:- https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/unable-to-run-obs-installer-due-to-adobe-creative-cloud-using-f...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines