• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud document storage does not allow EPS files?

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We started using cloud document storage earlier this week and are planning on incorporating it into our workflow for our team. I was preparing some art elements to share among the team, and tried uploading an EPS file. I got a "Filetype(s) not supported - Upload a PSD or AI to try again."

Why in the world can I not upload an EPS file?? It doesn't make sense. If we can only upload AI and PSD files than I guess we will be using Dropbox oe Box instead...

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had no trouble using photoshop to create an eps file and save it to document cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging an EPS file from the Finder into Cloud Documents (in the Creative Cloud app) gives me this error:

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 8.29.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like saving an eps file from an adobe program saves as a program file (eg, psd, aic) and when i try to do what you're trying, i see the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, I can copy an EPS into the "Sync Folder" (as Adobe calls it) that is in my Documents folder (this folder is named Creative Cloud Files). Apparently I was just doing it wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I haven't used EPS files professionally for years.  It's a zombie file type.

https://www.vektorgarten.de/eps-file-format-zombie.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point. We have a lot of legacy files. But, we also sometimes work with vendors that require EPS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines