• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Duplicating Folders

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the Creative Cloud when transferring folders from one place to another. I have two parent folders which each contain many child folders within them. When I transfer between parent folders the Cloud will occasionally keep a copy of the child folder (and a seemingly random collection of its contents) in the original parent folder. I am hoping it is possible to transfer folders with contents into other folders without keeping a duplicate copy in the original location.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe doesn't do anything to affect your folder unless they're sync'd. 

are you moving sync'd files/folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All of the files and folders are synced across multiple machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the tool.

Also, can you please share the date and filenames on which you tried the move operation.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Below is a link to the zip file created by the Log Collector Tool. The most recent occurrence of this problem was this morning (5/22/18). I was moving the folder CRM1309-03-InkTrifold_3_18. The staring folder path was — Chase Columbus > Chase Web Published. The folder I was moving it into was — Chase Columbus > Chase Archive. When I moved it from Chase Web Published to Chase Archive the folder was left in the Chase Web Published folder but was missing some pieces (including an InDesign file). For reference I am using a Mac with OS 10.13.4. Please let me know if you have any questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACppeyq-WlZQtCiM0WvYa2sqUuvu76h_/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACppeyq-WlZQtCiM0WvYa2sqUuvu76h_/view?usp=sharing>

Thanks,

Chris Haas

VP of Printing Operations

MLH Services

303-988-5265

chaas@mlh-services.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the logs and additional details.

I have assigned the issue to engineering team. Hopefully it won't take too long to get sorted.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines