• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files Folder icon changed from CC icon to normal blue folder in Finder Sidebar

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud Desktop has just updated its version to 5.1.0.407 on my Macbook Pro 16 inch running Catalina 10.15.4 and my iMac 27 inch 5K running Mojave 10.14.6  and since thenI have noticed that the Creative Cloud Files folder is just a plain blue folder in the Mac Finder Sidebar.

I have made sure everything is as it should be and is active in the Finder Extensions Settings (Core Sync Helper) and rebooted several times and quit and restarted Creative Cloud. Sync is not paused or off so why on earth is the normal CC folder icon not populating the Finder sidebar?  Functionality seems to be unaffected and syncing of files is still happening across devices. It is just for some reason that since the last update has Creative Cloud Desktop has lost the ability to populate the familiar CC icon in the Finder sidebar like the Onedrive, iCloud Drive, Dropbox ones do for instance. I would be interested to know if anyone else has been affected following the update and that I am not just alone in this. Also, would be good if Adobe could comment on whether this is a recognised issue so I dont bother digging around trying to repair it.

Craig

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same thing for months, on all of my Macs. I've contacted Adobe support a few months ago and it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Three days ago,
On April 8, 2022, I accessed an Adobe Photoshop 23.2.2 update. and an Adobe Creative Cloud update
The result is that the 'icon' of Creative Cloud Files is now the A of Apple Store,

asc-og.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2022-04-11 a las 16.03.35.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2022-04-11 a las 16.02.06.png

and neither Apple Support nor Adobe Systems Support know what could have happened
In my finder the icon of the Creative Cloud Files folder has disappeared and has been replaced by this other
I leave you samples of what I have today April 11, 2022
I have uninstalled all Creative Cloud and reinstalled it for 2 times and it continues like this

If anyone knows what's going on, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you everyone,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to necro this topic because, as for November 2020, the issue persists. I think the last time I saw the icon was before Catalina release. Now I'm running Big Sur and obviously nothing has changed. I've tried to manage finder extensions from system preferences and nothing happened. Even reinstalling CC app altogether doesn't help. 

The files sync works just fine, but this visual bug is annoying, because you always have the doubt that something's wrong. 

This is what I see (Notice that a green check should also appear near the folder icon; instead, it doesn't).

Schermata 2020-11-17 alle 16.13.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on Big Sur. Making me crazy. I have this ugly File icon.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 11.03.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! HELP 

Schermata 2021-10-11 alle 14.28.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.28.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! Same here. MacOS Monterey

tedp20274425_0-1636127512615.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for the love of god how do I fix this?
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.20.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for the love of god how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Ugly, gross bug. Monetery 12.1. Creative Cloud 5.6.0.788.2

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 4.52.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, same issue macOS Monterey

Adobe, you are destroying my system UI experience 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon change when i disable Core Sync in finder extensions, dont know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 13.56.35.png

 when i disable something about sync, the icon change to default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years and we still have this issue???

If we disable the Cory Sync Helper extension OR pause sync in Creative Cloud settings, the icon restores to its default.

Enable sync and we get that damn ugly icon.

Come on, Adobe... two years not enough to fix this?

Did anyone find a workaround?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was anyone able to figure this out?

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kk, thank you.

I reached out to Adobe support on this. I will let you know if they come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines