Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files Missing

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using the Creative Cloud flawlessly for months now. I used the Creative Cloud folder on my computer for saving all of my documents (so they would sync to the cloud and I would always have them). Whenever I saved I made sure they had the green check mark next to them meaning they synced with the cloud. However, a few days ago my CC folder on my computer vanished, and it wasn't until recently when I realized I just needed to sign back in did it return. When I went into the folder, all of my previous files were GONE! I checked my files online, and none of them appear online. ARE MY FILES GONE???

I had saved many files on that folder that are of the highest importance. Are they gone forever? If so will be VERY disappointed. Just to clarify once again, when I saved the files they all had the checkmark that indicated they were synced with the cloud.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sundquist25,

Sorry to hear this happened. A couple questions and general suggestions.

You might check to see if they ended up in the Archive somehow, I've heard of that happening sometimes. Please check it this web address while signed in with your Adobe ID: Adobe Creative Cloud

If they are there, you can restore them and they should get re-synced to your computer

A couple of related questions

• Was it all over your files, or only certain ones?
  • Were any of the files which disappeared one's which were shared with others using the collaboration feature?
  • Was there any other changes or anything potentially related that you can think of that happened right around the same time that this occurred? (Examples: installed an update, had to sign in with your Adobe ID again, deleted files from the Creative Cloud files folder)

In other cases where something like this happened we are often able to get files back. I can't guarantee it yet, but I'll help however I can.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of the files are showing up in the Archive. All of the files were lost. They were originally located in the "Creative Cloud" folder in the finder of my mac. (It is located where all of the other categories are for "documents", "Air drop", "transfer", ect.) All of the documents had the check meaning they had synced with the cloud next to them. As far as I know, there were no other changes/ problems with my mac around this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

I've been searching for answers to why several of my CC files disappeared suddenly last week.  It was very frustrating to witness these files gone out of my folders, nowhere to be found.  I left my laptop for the weekend, thinking everything just needed to sync, but when I returned, the files were still missing. 

This morning, my colleague who is a collaborator with me on these files, said she found them in the 'Archive' folder (thank God for that!).  But now I am wondering WHY did this happen in the first place?

I see you mentioned in your message above, "You might check to see if they ended up in the Archive somehow, I've heard of that happening sometimes."   So do you happened to know why this happens?  Is there some kind of auto save feature that throws the files into Archive???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KumonKreativeMonroe,

I'm not sure why the files would have gotten moved to the Archive offhand. If you want to collect the log files from both of the system and share them with me I can work with our engineering department to better understand what happened.

You can download our log file collection tool here: Log Collector Tool

It will collect all of the log files into a .zip on the desktop. If you could upload the resulting .zips and share a link with me for where I could download them I'll pass it on to engineering.

It would also be helpful to know:

• Date and approx time files were moved to Archive
  • Names file/folders which were affected
  • OS version on both of the systems
  • Are you and your co-worker both in the same country?

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

thank you for your email.

Below is the link to access my computer log files.  I hope this will help you figure out what happened.

https://adobe.ly/2hrftYU

It would also be helpful to know:

•   Date and approx time files were moved to Archive: November 8, 9, 10 (throughout the days)

•   Names file/folders which were affected – various files and folders.  Mostly from a folder called ‘Q1 2018’

•   OS version on both of the systems: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

•   Are you and your co-worker both in the same country?  yes

Tammy L. Monroe | Graphic Designer

Creative Services Department

Kumon North America, Inc.<http://www.kumon.com/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tammy,

I'll work with our engineering and see what we can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

have you figured out what happened with my files?

It would be good to know so I don't trigger that happening again.

Ever since then, I have been experiencing issues.  I used to be able to send folder links to people by toggling the "Private" switch over to "Public", copying the link and sending it in an email.  Now, some folders won't give me the "Public" option and won't provide me with a link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tammy,

Engineering was having difficulties accessing the log files you shared in order to investigate. Could you try uploading them and sharing a link again? Also would it be possible to collect and share the log files from your co-workers computer too?

Are you still having issues with the public/private switch? I know there was an incident with the assets service last week, and wondered if that might have been related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, I am having the exact same issue as Tammy. I managed to find that all of my files are accessible online in the Lightroom cloud, but the photo sync to my desktop is frozen. (It's stuck at 49.54% of 1.01 TB.) I see no easy way to export my photo library back to my computer. This issue has taken weeks and been really worrying. I'm sure you understand the gravity of the issue.

Furthermore, I'm unable to add photos to Lightroom. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I get an infinite spinning circle in the background. When I click "Add photos" and select an image, I get "Error while checking disk space".

Here's my log file: AdobeLogs_20190129_222626_3B455027-D719-441E-8146-14E4AEDEB57C-mac.zip

Let me know anything you may need to help troubleshoot the issue. Photography is my profession, and it's affecting my ability to deliver to my clients.

Thank you,

Becca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it's been two years, but I just read this post because the same exact thing happened to me today.  My missing files also weren't in the archive folder.  Did you ever find your files?  If so, would you please help me?  Like you, my CC folder on my mac's taskbar disappeared today before all of this happened later in the day.  Also like you, these files are super-important!  Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thig happened to me this week as well. Did you find your files yet? I'm hoping they will somehow magically reappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found my missing files in my Recycling Bin on my computer. A majority of my Captivate files and associated documents. No explaination as to why or how. I was in a meeting when this happened, according to the timestamp in the Recycling Bin. All folders and docs had the green checkmark. My Premeire files seem to be fine. This is crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines