• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files not synced and now wiped macbook. Anyway to recover files?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was struggling with space on my macbook pro. I am a design student so have lots of large size files and documents. I backed up my mac completely to a hard drive.

I did not restore my macbook again but as I have gone and signed back into the creative cloud and icloud once wiping my macbook and restoring it. That a large number of files are missing from the creative cloud - practically anything that I had on there since March 2015.

Now I having a complete panic because these files were extremely important. (i know i should of backed them up separately as well but I'm an idiot and didn't)

I had been able to access these on my laptop all the time but now I am coming to think that they had not even been syncing to my creative cloud online.

I know its probably a long shot and impossible but is there any miracle of being able to get these files back at all??

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Writing this for anyone who makes the same mistake!!!

Before wiping your laptop or before removing creative cloud - DOUBLE CHECK IT HAS ACTUALLY SYNCED YOUR FILES ON THE CREATIVE CLOUD!

Managed to restore them from my time machine back up file from my external hard drive, just had to show hidden files

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-funter-3520878/

It was under  Backups>Macintosh HD>Users>[your name]>CreativeCloudFiles  (CC will be greyed out)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Writing this for anyone who makes the same mistake!!!

Before wiping your laptop or before removing creative cloud - DOUBLE CHECK IT HAS ACTUALLY SYNCED YOUR FILES ON THE CREATIVE CLOUD!

Managed to restore them from my time machine back up file from my external hard drive, just had to show hidden files

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-funter-352087...

It was under  Backups>Macintosh HD>Users>[your name]>CreativeCloudFiles  (CC will be greyed out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines