Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files - Share Links not working

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complaint.

I have been told that if I post a complaint in the forums, then someone from Adobe will get back to me!!

I have been on to support via chat and phone regarding public share links.

In the last few days when I create a Share Link - the link is broken and brings me or my clients to a page which says "This page is unavailable."

So I cannot use the service and have spent a lot of time over the last 2 days troubleshooting.

The guy in Support chat was really bad, and ended the chat when I asked how I could complain!! Great customer service.

I don’t think I should be paying for this service when it is not reliable,

Please get back to me with a resolution as my experience on this issue so far has been very poor,

thanks, Kieran.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer from Adobe Support:

Ronny : Danke für Ihre Geduld. Die Recherche war erfolgreich, das Ergbnis leider nicht so gut. Ich konnte hier auf den Testsystemen das Problem entsprechend rekonstruieren. Es liegt also nicht an Ihrem Account oder dem Browser.

Ronny : Ich werde dies entsprechend intern eskalieren, damit der allgemeine Fehler geprüft und behoben werden kann.

Ronny : Als Workaround bis dahin, kann ich nur empfehlen, den Ordner frei zu geben und nicht die Dateien. Dies hat bei allen Tests entsprechend funktioniert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm Adobe share isn't working... not just you mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know we had a brief outage today with the file sharing service but should be resolved now. Is it working okay now for those that posted here?

Adobe System Status

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still out here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to avoid misinformation.. the issue with Adobe share was that the links to shared files had become corrupt so it is true that the service come back online but people couldn't use it to recover their files and get an bs error message

in all my tests, the actual file is fine and its only the links that got corrupted so if people were affected by this issue then your backups should still be salvageable

the workaround;

• unshare the file
  • rename the file i.e, "old_redirrect" in this example
  • rename it back
  • reshare the file "gives it a new link (working)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Some shared links work and some do not. I have already updated the links but the problem continues. What can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem is here again, present for about 10 hrs, shared links are corrupted (screen in Czech language).cc.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also still having this issue. I even just re-uploaded a file to see if that would work. I have a client waiting for a file now and is getting a little antsy. I can also confirm that it seams to be larger files that are effected. My smaller files are working fine. I have also been with support all morning and no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and this causing me a lot of trouble. Folders and files are corrupt when shared, no matter what size or file type. It seams only working on some files where I had the option for download checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting a "503 error first byte timed out" on firefox also when using edge it tries to download a .txt file even though it is a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major issues for me also in the UK with my team:

Ref: Re: Why the 'unknown by' title and my user name displayed for shared links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (9).png

update; my tests show the file corruption is only in the link system of ALL files stored with Adobe (and FF is hit worse yes)

work around remains the same, i.e, unshare, rename, rename it back (if you want) then reshare.

good luck guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me September 15 or 19. For two days we have not been able to send links to clients. This is absolutely unacceptable.Error Message w link.jpg

Similar issue:

Some of my links containing an mpeg file will not show a preview window and so they clients are also confused saying the link doesn't work. Now they can download the file. But they cannot preview it online. So if your are on your phone then it won't be seen by the recipient. My work around was to upgrade my dropbox and that is the best option as adobe support is the worst. And they can't be honest that they changed to site and screwed us. Recommending switching to another NLE software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous public links not working for clients now/again.

Blank pages showing.

Looks like folders of images are taking forever to load, probably timing out on poor connections.

Changes have been made to the layout of these pages when viewed by client,
which does not help when client calls to complain and I try to load page but everything looks different.

Why not announce these changes to paying customers.

I recently started using this service for file shares and it is letting me down big-time.

Please explain why we are paying for this!!
image001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only am I still having an issue with share link downloads, but now you cannot even play the files online. I have sent a lot of videos to clients for them to watch online in the mp4 h.264 video format for them to provide edit notes and it has always worked flawlessly. Now it throws either an error that states "invalid source", or "no video supported format and MIME type found". I have done this many many times and has always worked just fine. I have tried this with several files now and they are all not working. I again went through the upload from a different computer check every browser troubleshooting and all devices will no longer let you play the file through the share link.

On a separate note, I had a customer service rep on the recommendation of his manager tell me to give my client my username and password as a workaround. That is now in my top 5 worst customer service experiences and may even be #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues.

I reported an issue to Adobe over a month ago.

My team of 23 creatives are having major issues with public links created with Adobe.

I can't see any fix in sight from Adobe... starting to seriously consider using a business Dropbox account now, the support from Adobe is just not meeting my expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no power user but today I tried to share a link in Lightroom on my computer and the iPad and what the get is a generic Learn about Adobe page. I don't need to have my customers have to sign up for a Creative Cloud account do I? Because they aren't going to do that. Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that anyone who wants to view your Lightroom Shared Collections needs to have an Adobe account. Not a Creative Cloud account, but the free Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe CC creates a link to share, but then clients tell me they get a notification that "Shared file not available"...and in the warning box: "This file has been unshared or deleted.  Contact the owner for more information."  The files, in fact, have NOT been unshared or deleted.  I ended up using WeTransfer to send the files that were critical for delivery.  But, need to get this fixed with Adobe since, as many others here have noted, paying a lot for this serivce!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeana75616658 

is anyone able to access the shared file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

<personal info removed - kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeana75616658 

do not replay by email, esp if you have an automated signature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

reset the cc desktop app:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

then resend a link to a someone you can use for testing.  ie, don't send to all your clients/coworkers during this test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply replied by clicking on the link you supplied below (Reply). If you don’t want me to use it….don’t include it.

BTW – it’s still not working after resetting cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines