Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is not allowing me to share Cloud Document Folders

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm currently able to share CC Libraries, and I seem able to share individual Cloud Documents, but neither through the app nor through the web do I have the option to share a whole CC Document Folder, which is currently essential to my work. 

I've tried a few things to get this right: 

1. I've updated CC;

2. I've paused syncing then restarted it (restarting CC between each one);

3. I've checked my permissions and settings;

4. I've restarted my computer;

5. I've updated all CC apps as well as CC itself;

6. I've also tried creating folders from within the CC app itself as well as from within Photoshop or XD when saving a document;

None of the above have helped to give me the option to share a CC Document Folder. 

If anyone could help me resolve this, that would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Alain 

PS – Screenshot of options available when selection a folder include only Rename, Duplicate, Move, Delete, Add as Shortcut, Open on Web. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

those are synced files.  you can share folders from there.

that's not the same as the cloud documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The functionality definitely seemed to be there at one point – here's a screenshot from an Adobe page on using shared folders (link to original page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/africa/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html). 

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 15.17.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are synced files.  you can share folders from there.

that's not the same as the cloud documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was worried that could be the issue... but if I create documents within that Sync folder, I have no way to access them via the Photoshop interface the way I can when I create Cloud Documents as per the attached. 

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of splitting sync documents and Cloud documents and not giving the one functionality that the other clearly has? I can access Synced Files through the web, but not through either the CC app or the PS interface? 

Cloud-Documents.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i find the adobe sharing options byzantine.  there are, at least, 3 major sharing options and they have different purposes which don't allow customization and they are not integrated, Learn about the benefits and usage of cloud documents (adobe.com)

also, there's this from Nancy OShea,

Creative Cloud Storage can be accessed from most modern web browsers on either Win or Mac.

Creative Cloud Assets https://assets.adobe.com
Synced files
Cloud documents
Deleted files

Lightroom https://lightroom.adobe.com
Photos
Albums
Edited files
Imported files
Deleted files

Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com
All documents
Starred files
Shared files

Adobe Spark https://spark.adobe.com
Projects
Brand files
Graphics
Web pages
Videos

also, there's this from last year, Please add the folder sharing option in the adobe document cloud – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this – really appreciate it. After playing around with Sync Documents, I realise it could do what I want it to do, but it isn't necessarily ideal. Either way, it helps having cleared that up and knowing that it's not just an issue on my side with CC settings or anything. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines