• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps signing me out. Support "fixed" it 4 times to no avail

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at my wits end. I started a subscription in December 2020. Within a couple of days, I started having the issue where randomly Illustrator would force me to save and then close. I realized this was happening because Creative cloud was randomly signing me out. It got progressively worse and happens a couple of times daily, which I'm sure you can assume is very inconvenient. I contacted support and the person went in remotely, changed the folders to ".old", cleaned out adobe files and reinstalled. Everything worked fine until last week.

The issue started again. I contacted support again. This time the person asked me to uninstall Acrobat and then proceeded to remotely uninstall all Adobe files and install again. It happened again and the 3rd person made the suggestion of adding certain folders to the antivirus whitelist. 

Today, I noticed whenever I leave Illustrator dormant for a while, that's especially when I get signed out. I contacted support again, an arrogant technician went in remotely, messed around with settings and insisted he fixed the problem only for it to happen 15 mins later.

Please help me. This is interfering with my work. I'm on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner etc) is removing your cached sign-in credentials.  those sign in credentials are in your oobe folder.

Mac OS:

You can locate the OPM.db file in the \User\<user name>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE folder

Windows:

You can locate the OPM.db file in the \Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE folder.

these folders/files are hidden by default.  google your os and how to unhide hidden files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I know the folder, what do I do to the sign-in credentials to prevent this from happening? I believe the OOBE folder was added to my windows defender whitelist but perhaps I need to check my AV. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to look up the various programs that protect your computer and keep it tidy and whitelist the oobe folder.  for obvious reasons there are no properties you could change that would cause any decent av etc to skip over a folder/file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was able to fix the problem because of your information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

could you explain how you fixed the problem?  it might help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the problem returned. I had just removed my AV to see if that was affecting it. It worked well but today it has started signing me out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

they should be able to fix the problem, but preventing recurrences will probably require changing non-adobe programs on you computer and the adobe rep is unlikely to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What non adobe programs could be causing this issue? Like I said in the original post, I've contacted them 4 times and they haven't been able to fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eg, av, antimalware, cleaner etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any of that anymore though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then it's part of your os (eg, defrag)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines