• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps warning of a file synch error—or a *non-existing* file.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the following situation with my desktop [Adobe] Creative Cloud (I am running on Mac OS 10.14.6)

First, I keep getting a file synching error for a file (folder actually) that has been permanently erased. I quit and restarted Creative Cloud numerous times to no avail; the issue persists. 

Second, and this is a lesser important issue: in my finder window, the original Cloud icon has been replaced by the standard folder icon (in the left-hand navigation column). 

Thanks for any assistance or ideas you can provide!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your web files and make sure the folder's been deleted and no longer in the recoverable (ie, deleted) folder.

gif.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I actually did just that (i.e., deleted it from the "recoverable" folder; quit, then restarted). However, the problem persists. I wonder if there's a prefs. file I would need to remove from the Adobe Library (harkening back to the old days, I guess). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can reset your cc app.

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studioview, in addition to the excellent suggestions offered by Kglad, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html to see if the exact error you are encountering is listed.

If you continue to encounter problems, then first make sure your local backup is up to date. Second, please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that any sync errors specific to your account can be investigated and resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'll do that. And yes, the problem still persists. I ran every search routine I can think of in order to find the alleged offending folder, but it's not coming up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Studioview, and I am sorry for the continued inconvenience.  

Please also review and bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html which discusses how to review and update your recent support cases.  It is very likely the account will need to be reviewed by our engineering teams to implement a resolution.  You can use this process to be kept up to date and respond to any requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update: At the risk of jinxing myself, I think resetting the PRAM on that one problematic iMac *might* have solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the follow-up.

have you restarted that imac, at least once, and had syncing continue to work for, at least, a few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, Studio View. I wouldn't expect resetting the parameter RAM would have any effect.  Maybe it is somehow tied into the file system?  

Please make sure to update your support case, if you haven't already, as these details could be valuable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you have to throw the kitchen sink at the problem. None of the other devices I have, all of which are connected to the Cloud, were experiencing this anomaly. So that suggested the problem had to have been somewhere on that one device. Just before, I had to revive and work on an ancient Mac Laptop, and the topic of PRAM came up. Not counting my chickens, just yet. So far, however, so good. As to the "support case," I don't think I opened one. So, we're good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear ya, Studioview. As a long-time Mac user, I have witnessed the magic of resetting PRAM on many occasions.  Thanks again for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines