• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud libraries taking up all my solid state drive

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!, I Have a 240g Solid State Drive for the C drive where I have the windows OS and some programs, and 2 more hard drives for files and back up.

While syncing the creative cloud libraries I realized I started to have less and less space in the C drive until I had almost nothing. It  took me a while figure it out but the issue was that the syncing was storing the cc library in this folder:
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries

I tried a lot to change this with out success, I  changed the folder path in the preference of the app to other hard drive where I have space (picture). 

leonardos73209315_0-1638795874551.png

When this didn't worked I unistalled everything from adobe, erased the cc library folders and re install all again with the new path but nothing happend, Adobe keeps storaging the cc libraries in my C drive when I make the sync.
Please let me know if there is a solution for this problem.

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the W drive a formatted fixed hard drive?

if so, have you saved file to your sync folder since changing and is it on that W drive?  

were you expecting your C drive files to be moved by the cc app to your W drive (which will NOT happen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad, 

1- the W drive is not a formated fixed hard drive

2-No I didn't save files on my sync folder yet.

3- I was not expecting my C drive to be populated by files without any request.

If the CC library needs make a "hidden" back up of the files shared with me, I would like to send them to the W drive instead. Is there a way to do it? 
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, you can't use a drive that's not formatted.

the cc app won't move your sync folder files.  you can use your file browser to quickly do that.

your c drive won't be used to for the sync folder if you designate a useable alternative drive.  the c drive will still be used by adobe for configuration files (and there are plenty of them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leonardos73209315,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. How much space is being taken up by the mentioned Creative Cloud Libraries folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, I´ve stopped the sync but by the moment 28G
Is there a way to remove those files from C and tell the CC library to move them to my W drive?

and why does it make this "hidden" back up in the C drive where the files are label with other names? for example: "6e6f2bac-0f28-4ed2-aea2-c2e0e1072108"

leonardos73209315_1-1641572652546.png

leonardos73209315_0-1641572623362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines