• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Library - Double Clicking No Longer Opens Files (ARRRRGGGG)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand the logic behind the removal of this simple method to open up my library files...

Previously:

(Double Click) on a CC Library File would launch the application and specific file for editing. Very efficient method to quickly jump into work

Now:

User must either do one of these two:

1. Right click and select "Edit" from drop down list

2. (Double Click) > secondary screen > click on very tiny pencil icon to "Open in Source Doc".

GRIPES:

I can't even say how many times I double clicked on something, expeciting it would trigger the opening of the file while I went on to handle something else. Upon returning, I see the silly pencil icon.

REQUEST:

Please bring this functionality back or atleast a method for users to set this as a preference.

Thanks

~ @illartech - Digital Marketing Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! We have already heard the same feedback from the other users, so this is something on our PM's radars. Will keep you updated!

Thank you,
CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  to request from adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I do appreciate this link, it misses the point I had tried to make.

When you become accustomed to working in a manner after a prolonged period of time, it really causes problems for some of us when simple common things like a ("Double Click" to open file in software) get removed. The point I had tried to make is that it shouldn't of been changed.

Your suggestion to fill out another form to request that the previous functionality be restored and as a product manager, that is totally backwards.

Could you point me to the requests thats say, (Double clicking on a file in my CC Library) should no longer open that file or program? What was the logic behind removing some a simple and easy type of functionality? What was gained, I just don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, these are user-to-user forums.  i can't tell you why adobe does what it does.

if you just want to vent, these forums are ok.  if you want something to change you need to communicate with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! We have already heard the same feedback from the other users, so this is something on our PM's radars. Will keep you updated!

Thank you,
CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines