• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud library so slow, nearly unusable

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our library is quite large and shared between about 40 people. It is extraordinarily slow to use. I've been trying to organize it into groups and subgroups and it takes many, many seconds to react to me selecting one single thing. 
Have we overloaded it? Are there recommended limitations? What have we done wrong? 
Our content is a mix of photography, paragraph styles, graphic elements from InDesign and Illustrator, text blocks with standard content, icons and color swatches.

What can we do to speed it up? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Collaboration , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. This shouldn't be happening. Could you please let us know if you're using the Creative Cloud Desktop App or on the Creative Cloud web? What happens when you try to see the same libraries on the asset web? Please share the logs from your machine to help us troubleshoot the issue you are seeing. You can use this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Once you have the logs, upload the logs to your creative cloud and share the link with us.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I have aroind 1GB of stocks/overlays on my CC Library and its too slow to upload more and browse through. Seriously, almost unusable. 3oo mbit internet fiber here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log sent File: AdobeLogs_20220726_195909_470-mac-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Ricardo Nakazawa 

Are you still seeing the issue? If yes, could you please share the affected libraries with me via private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Renee5E72 ,

Could you please share the affected libraries via private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done it 2 times already. sent the  library and the log files as you can see above. No answer so far. I give up using that slow library feature since its unusable and started dumping it straight to my google drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the delay. The log files that you've shared are not accessible. Could you please share the log files by uploading them to cloud storage and share the link with us via private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i wll not. I´ve done it 2 times already, my library file is 10gb+ your team should have the file by now and if they do not is because you guys dont care about taking care of the issues that your userbase report, even sending the data you requested TWICE, so NO i can do not do it again, its really disrespectfull from Adobe part to request it 3 times after 6 month passed since my first report. I´ve managed to change my WHOLE WORKFLOW because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum software doesn't allow files to be attached to replies, only to OPs. The only thing the support team got when you attached "File: AdobeLogs_20220726_195909_470-mac-GS.zxp" was the name of the file.

The only way for them to actually get the file is if you put it on a site they can download it from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not sent it via forum, i sent a link as you mentioned in SEPT. 2022 and one of your employees named Tarun Saini that the person received it and forwarded to the team responsible quote:"

Tarun Saini
‎set 06, 2022

Thanks for the info. I have shared the info with our engineering team. I will let you know once I hear anything from them."

Again on Sept. 14th I´ve sent another message about the resolution of this problem and he replied quote:

"Tarun Saini

‎set 14, 2022

Hi there,

I am sorry for the delay. The resolution, as far as I'm aware, took longer. I'll ask the engineering team first, and if I hear back from them, I'll update you."

So he and the team already have my file and logs. I dont have 10gb of free space on my google account to keep the file sitting there for more than 5 months. Its very frustrating to be asked again to do something I´ve already done 5 months ago for a problem that I had to solve myself since nobody from Adobe gave me a valid answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then my apologies. It looked to me like you'd tried to attach the file, and it didn't indicate it was a link when I hovered over it.

Also, I am not an Adobe employee. I am a volunteer on the forums helping people out with product questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort, no hard feelings. Im just mad because nobody from Adobe did anything regarding this issue and always asks for the same thing you know? Tks for trying your best and I´m sorry if I sounded rude. Not my intention. Im just mad that I had to find another solution for something that should not be a problem. Again, I´m sorry and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ricardo Nakazawa,

I can understand the frustration. This is not the experience we wanted to have. I agree that you have shared the log files, but those logs are different from what I asked you to share. For further investigation, the engineering team has requested the affected libraries. Would you mind sharing the affected libraries with us via private message?

It will be helpful for us. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact i sent both to you. The library file itself was sent on Sept. 06 but ill send again the link. It was a 10gb file. I believe the slow down is because photoshop handle the library file as a whole instead of displaying the thumbnails from the opened group images only. Now I migrated all my assets to google drive and I browse from there using a thirdy party image previewer due the fact Bridge does not support network drives. Ill send the link again to you in PVT as soon it finishes to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library file link sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link. I have shared the link with our engineering team and I'll keep you posted once I hear anything from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Renee5E72  @Ricardo Nakazawa 

As per the investigation by our engineering team, the problem is caused by inefficiencies in how the panel loads the thumbnail renditions when utilising custom groups to the group. Could you please try using the library while grouping by type?

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 12.17.30 PM.png

Let us know if that helps the panel to be made more responsive.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try but that's really inefficient as it's important for our designers to see the groupings for the different elements we have in the library. We have templates that might be from 2 different vendors. With the by type order, all the templates are together with no idea where it's from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an option. Ive sorted all my assets as well. Having them all in one place makes the library function USELESS to the majority of the professionals out there. If its a problem with the code i wonder WHY release a feature if its not tested... man sorting a library is the core of the feature itself isnt it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ricardo Nakazawa  @Renee5E72 

Once you load all of the thumbnails in the type view, have you tried to switch back to your previous setting to check if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing the switch as a like a cache clearing action? Once we move to by type then switch back to our custom organized groups it should be faster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the investigation, the renditions may not be properly caching in the custom group view, which is causing expensive re-renders. Switching back after the thumbnail load in the type view will perform well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say that I saw a big difference in performance with the switching from "custom" sort to "by type" sorting. We ended up splitting our library. We have the photography in one library and the rest of our assets in another. The one without the photography reacts much more quickly now. I would say if you have the option, split your libraries up. 
Good luck!

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the suggestion @Renee5E72 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines