• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Not Syncing, no errors - Tried multiple solutions, nothing worked

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been pouring over forum posts looking for a solution and could not find one. I'd appreciate some help.

My team shares files via Creative Cloud, which worked successfully and quickly in the past year+. We all use the desktop application on various Macbooks so that we can access files via Finder. A few months ago a team member was reorganizing files (deleting, renaming, uploading) but none of those changes were reflected in my files at all. My file sync has been “syncing” with loading circle for at least 5 months without updating or downloading any files onto my computer. We are constantly on WiFi at corporate internet speeds and all other team members are able to see the files except me. I have never seen a "failed to sync" message or anything. The loading circle just keeps spinning...

Yesterday my existing (old, not updated) Creative Cloud sync folder changed its name to "Creative Cloud Files (archived)" - the new CC folder that was automatically created is completely empty. I'm still able to see the new files in my browser. In applications such as AI or PS, I’m able to sync fonts and access shared Libraries from my team. It’s just the files to my desktop that don’t sync. Still a huge problem since at least 4 folders have been added since the last time I've been able to access the shared files...

Things I have tried so far without success - all following directions posted by staff on the forums:

1. Pausing/resuming file sync via CC desktop options
  2. Turning file sync on and off and on again
  3. Quitting CC and doing the above
  4. Logging out and into my Adobe account
  5. Force quit everything Adobe in Activity Monitor, uninstalling CC following forum directions to delete multiple files, using the cleaner tool, and reinstalling CC
  6. Removing CoreSync/options.tix file
  7. Deleting CoreSync db files and restarting everything.
  8. Restarting my computer after attempts

Computer/Creative Cloud Details:

MacBook Pro Mid 2015

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.3 (17D102)

Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Storage 500GB (373 GB available)

Creative Cloud for teams

31.97 GB / 100 GB available (none synced to my desktop, but available on web)

CreativeCloud_NotSyncing.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems I have the same problem. Tried to reinstall, dlelete coresync folder etc. But nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Why do I get the impression that everyone at Adobe has been awfully quiet for the last months in all these threads about syncing issues?

They all have a few things in common:
-  these issues are being reported for over a year- everybody experiences the same problems and are asked for reports etc. A lot of work, usually.
- nothing happens to solve the problems...

What is going on there?

Cheers,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with my team. Their all on Windows 10 with the same continuous syncing issue. Adobe has not been transparent about this growing issue. Please correct if I'm wrong. Whatever the problem seem to be much bigger then Adobe is letting on. We need a clear message from Adobe!

Please note: I have tired work around after work around from Adobe forum and other sites. Adobe has even looked at our log and network with no solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have solved this problem. But in a very drastic way. I decided to remove all from adobe on one computer, and install it again. It looks like it works now. It was very painful because I had to cancel all the collaborations, all sharing and delete all files. I just started from the beginning. But this is not a solution. This is just a temporary fix of the malfunctioning software.

After communicating with adobe I felt they could not solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. I tried this same solution for my team which fixed the problem in the short term but the continuous syncing happen again a few weeks later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we not paying for this???  Does this not justify a refund???  This is equivalent to buying a dead parrot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I canceled my second license. It's worthless. It's just wasting my time. And increasing my blood presure. Interesting thing is, that you can buy licence anytime, but you cannot cancel it. If you whish do that, you must contact Adobe. In support chat, when I started with cancel licence, I was kicked off after very short time. Maybe 30-40 sec, I just make my drink. And 10 second after I wrote my reason. They just kick me off !!!

The problem is bigger than I expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, classic Adobe, it's always only 85% of a fully working app.
and 0,5% bugfixing, 0% listen to and answering customers.

They should change name to Pseudobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, again - now with a different account (different employee).
Previously what work (and had lost a lot of time) I had deleted all the files and adobe installs and re-installling all, it worked then but again it's too time consuming and frankly not something acceptable for the supposed Adobe prestige...

Suggestion: an indicator of what is really going on in the file-sync progress (which file is it on or what is it doing with some progress bar for the current file, how many left of how many files...), Adobe should be focused on User Experience right?

Common Adobe I still got love for you but let's do this, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amavii,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue after a fresh install.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the tool.

Also, can you please share your folder location specified in the Creative Cloud files folder in the Preferences.

sync_location.jpg

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? unfortunately mine doesn`t work now either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No !

And now, no more option to call Adobe Help desk because i am "just" one client!

The richer they are the poorer the service!

And here nobody from Adobe reacting for one month.

The price to pay to be dependent...

Now, each time I save a file from InDesign, I copy it on an external drive.

Means, I don't use anymore the supposed 100 Go included in the price...

I am shocked and disappointed because it is not the idea I had from customer service attention from the USA.

And the worst : I lost confidence.

I will officially write (again) to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paspas66,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It sounds like working with our support through phone or chat would the best option. Could you please try signing in with the Adobe ID associated with your membership from this link Contact Customer Care

Then please select Creative Cloud All Apps > InDesign > Troubleshoot and click the blue "Show me my contact options" button at the bottom and they should be able to help you either via phone or chat.

If you don't see these options please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally...

Hi David.

Why should I go to InDesign troubleshoot as it is a Creative Cloud sync problem concerning all my files?

(Trying to understand everyone's logic)
From France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a specific option for sync issues when choosing the routing but since you're working with InDesign files, that is probably the closest option. If it is necessary to do a transfer they would be able to do that once you reached an agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't find an active solution (I never got around to sending over my log files). But some weeks after making this post, my CC folder was suddenly synced correctly. Not sure if I'd call it an answer. Since it was so inconsistent with my team, we ended up moving our files to Office365's OneDrive and Sharepoint. Not our first choice, obviously, but the rest of our company uses it and it's been working well so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again Adobe !!!!
I was thinking working with confidence but nooooo !!!!
My files are only on my computer for 13 days !

I officially ask you a refund for the third time !

(I will call the service center as soon as it is opened)

Incredible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but I think it may be time to start a class action against Adobe.

they’ve been remarkably silent and this is a core strategy to selling people subscriptions To their software platform.

anyone ever initiated a class action lawsuit before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with several files in Adobe Creative Cloud too.

Yesterday I've done some experiments so, maybe this would help:

June 19th:

1. Open Adobe XD on my DESKTOP and create file TEMP.XD;

2. Work on it.

3. Save the file, at 21h55 with final size of 1.062KB;

3. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs the file with no issues;

June 20th:

1. Turn on my LAPTOP and wait the Adobe Creative Cloud sync;

2. Open the file TEMP.XD (size: 1.062KB) and work on it;

3. Save the TEMP.XD file at 15h48 with final size of 2.061KB;

4. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs the file with no issues;

5. Turn on the DESKTOP and wait for the sync;

6. Adobe Creative Cloud Client shows no files to sync;

7. DESKTOP folder shows the TEMP.XD file modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 1.062KB;

8. Back to the LAPTOP, created a copy of the file named as TEMP2.XD and waited for the sync;

9. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs the copy with no issues;

10. On the DESKTOP, Adobe Creative Cloud Client started to sync.

11. On the DESKTOP now  there are 2 files: TEMP.XD (modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 1.062KB) and TEMP2.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 2.061KB);

12. Opened the Adobe Creative Cloud in the browser on DESKTOP;

13. The webservice interface shows 2 files: TEMP.XD (modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 6.1MB) and TEMP2.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 6.1MB);

14. On the LAPTOP, renamed TEMP.XD to TEMP1.XD;

15. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs again;

16. On the DESKTOP, now there are 3 files: TEMP.XD (modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 1.062KB), TEMP1.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 2.061KB) and TEMP2.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 2.061KB);

17. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs again on LAPTOP;

18. On the LAPTOP, now there are 3 files: TEMP.XD (modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 1.062KB), TEMP1.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 2.061KB) and TEMP2.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 2.061KB);

19. The webservice interface now shows 3 files: TEMP.XD (modified at June 19th, 21h55, and size of 2.5MB), TEMP1.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 6.1MB) and TEMP2.XD  (modified at June 20th, 15h48, and size of 6.1MB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, any official solution from Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled all my adobe apps then unistalled adobe CC, then ran the adobe creative cloud cleaner tool. then reinstalled adobe CC

and it works now. But now I have to re-install all my apps. bit of a drag, but least its working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to pile on to this thread. I've been having issues for months. Clean wipes and reinstalls have occasionally bought me a bit of time but mostly it's a week or less. I'm now in a state of constant sync-fail-resync-fail-reresync etc, and after a prolonged period of this (about an hour) my internet connection becomes entirely interrupted by the CoreSync and no other traffic up or down can get through unless I restart and pause syncing.

i have a team of 8 people and we pass this problem back and forth like a plague. Everyone has a full CC license. We no longer actively work from the cloud sync folder and only drag copies back and forth to prevent the issue from spiraling out of control. I would really like Adobe to address this fully (it's so obvious from multiple searches that this is not some user error--it's a huge bug in the sync software) or offer my team a dropbox subscription at equivalent size. I also use dropbox daily (personally) and it carries no less than twice the file load, and hasn't had these kinds of problems for years. Adobe, please help us get this working. It's a huge productivity inhibitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switch from FCP to windows Adobe in Nov. 2015
Had sync issues since then... I just did a fresh install on new drive two days ago, minimal software installed and every time I click the save button in Premiere Pro I get an "Unable to Sync" notice. Because this is a new clean install I was wondering if it's a problem with windows defender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines