• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got Creative Cloud to work on Windows 10? It keeps on requiring a repair.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been using it since it was first released and have never needed repairing or reinstalling.  i update when updates are available.

that said, you're not alone. many people have trouble with something (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) on their computer corrupting or deleting one or more files needed by the cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I start looking? I am using Norton as my anti-virus software.

It would be nice if the Adobe repair process gave more feedback on why the installation becomes corrupted (every time I boot).

John Van Coller, BSc(Eng), MSc(Eng), PhD, SMIEEE, MEIT

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's trial and error and start with av.

is there any pattern to the repairs?  eg, are they needed everytime you restart your computer?  are they needed once per week?  are they needed whenever you restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued interest.

It happens every time I start. It does seem that Norton is treating it as a virus and not allowing all its components to load.

I did a repair and then uninstalled Creative Cloud (with the usual request for a further repair).

I will wait until they release an appropriate update before I try again.

John Van Coller, BSc(Eng), MSc(Eng), PhD, SMIEEE, MEIT

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if it happens with each computer restart, you could rule out/pinpoint norton by following these steps and restarting a few times, Temporarily turn off Norton Protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines