• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud putting my files in Trash.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep all my files organized in subfolders in Creative Cloud. I noticed today that, while the folders are all there and it shows that they are fully synced, they are all completely empty. When I searched in my browser for Creative Cloud files, they are all show up there, but still wont show up on my desktop.

After digging around I found all the folders were in the Trash with the files in them. I most certainly did not put them here myself.

I've been trying to sort this out on my own and this is what I've gotten so far:

1. I've talked to Apple about it, and said my computer wouldn't move my files without my consent.

2. I've run a virus scan and everything came out clean, so it can't be that.

3. I've chatted to Adobe about this but they say it's impossible that Creative Cloud would do this and they just told me to contact them again if it keeps happening.

I'm really worried about my files disappearing like this, and am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any solutions as to how to prevent it.

Thanks!

Emma

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma,

Would you mind collecting log files from your system which I could pass on to our engineering to help investigate this issue? I've collected logs from other customers too but additional ones could help too.

To collect the log files download the log collection tool from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it over. Any updates? It is still happening, I found more items in my trash today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma,

Thanks for sending them over and sorry to hear you encountered it again . I've been working with engineering on the issue and have been advised that they have identified the cause and will be releasing an update to address it in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to my whole team as well. Half of our client logos are in the trash without us moving them there. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Is it a space issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. What type of membership does your company use? Enterprise or Creative Cloud team etc.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we do not have Enterprise so we must be on Creative Cloud Team.

The guy who set this up is no longer with the company so it’s hard for us to manage.

Niki Salas

Production Artist

Financial Engines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niki,

I recently got word from our engineering department that they've fixed this issue. This issue is one which they've addressed a few different times as they've found different root causes. How long ago did it happen for you? Do you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app 4.5.0.331 and CoreSync component 3.0.2.33? You can check these in the Creative Cloud app preferences.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time it happened was a week ago.

I do have the latest app 4.5.0.331.

I do not know what a CoreSync component is, how do I find that version?

Thanks!

Niki Salas

Production Artist

Financial Engines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niki,

I checked the latest ticket and it was about a week ago that they released the fix. Were you able to recover everything successfully? The CoreSync version is listed Creative Cloud Files section in the preferences.

We will probably need to wait and see if the issue occurs again now that they've released the fix if you have the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these software versions on a mac (os Sierra) and it just happened to me. 2/3 of my files (approx 60 500-1500mb psd and psb) went in the trash on my mac, and the whole folder was in the archive on the cc site. There was also an empty folder with the same name in the original location on the cc site.

However the folder was missing some files.

I have 2 back ups and the original files now restored onto my machine, so I'm not overly concerned, but I can't trust your product.

Also, in trying to fix this, I restored the folder, it came back in ok, with a suffix '1'added to the folder name, then i tried to move the files within back to the original location, that function isn't working. Some or no files get moved, some seem to have disappeared.

Also, there are dozens of these folders (see below) in the archive, not created by me, I don't know what's in them as they can't be opened from the archive, only restored. When I restore them, the contents seem to be placed outside of the dated folder and back where they came from? I'm creating a mess of files and folders bearing no relation to my cc folder on my mac.

I've disabled syncing, obviously. What a mess.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 23.21.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not delete the files from the recycle bin, from error 412

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This is still happening. I'm on CC version 4.8.2.476.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A version of this has been happening to me recently, files disappearing from the CC folder on the hard drive. The files are not in the archive folder within my account online, nor are they in my hard drive's trash folder. BUT, they are all there online where they are supposed to be and I can restore them, albeit only one by one (which takes FORever).

The only thing that has saved me is that I also copy my files to our corporate server as an additional backup, and of course, Time Machine does back up the entire hard drive (assuming I don't unplug before it has time to do so).

I have also noticed archive folders within my CC folder, but they are hidden. I can only see them when I try to relink using the relink dialog box, but not when I navigate to the CC folder from the finder.

Regardless, it is the principle of the thing. Missing files are a total PITA. We use CC to have all files at all times regardless of device. If it doesn't work, what's the point?

I wonder if the syncing is confused about which is the "mother" computer? I do also sign in on my personal (non-work) computer, although I have not recently... but some (not all) of the files that are missing I don't think are on that machine. Is there a way to designate which way to sync?

thoughts anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keep happening for my team as well. We have both folders and files in each of our trash bins that we didn't put there ourselves. Is there any solution for this? We are fully updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened overnight to our team as well. I updated to the newest CC programs yesterday, the others did not. The same files are in all of our receycle bins, not just one persons. Is our content backed up by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is happening to me, many files in my trash, I am on Mac macOS 10.13.6 and CC 4.8.2.476.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this happend today.   Several editors sharing folder with sub folders which they can only "view", yet files are getting moved to my trash can without permission.  STRANGE!!!   Is there a fix for this?  How can we team edit, or remotely edit when files VANISH?!?!  Premiere 13.1.5    CC 5.0.0.354  Core Sync 4.3.28.24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me over the weekend - a bunch of video files and other random PSD files went to the trash. When I looked in the trash, this seems to have been happening for a few weeks now -  few other random files in there that I didn't delete. We have teams CC membership and others have access to my folders but did not move or delete any files. Been using Adobe products for over a decade and never had anything like this happen before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience. At some point in the last 7 days all my files/folders in the Creative Cloud File folder ended up in the trash. How I found this was by reading an Adobe support document that indicated to look there.

How in the world did this happen? Not cool. Adobe just lost a big chunk of trust in messing with my files this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great so this is happening to me.  Today when I rebooted after a windows 10 update, my Creative Cloud sync folder had only a hyperlink to the files online.  I could not figure out how to get them to sync again and everything was still there online but not on my computer.

I have a Surface Pro 3 and my other computer, and I was using the files on both computers, probably not at the same time but I might have left them open when I left my office.

I restored, the files I had not deleted, from the trash and the folder is now updating.  I put a test folder into the local sync folder and it appeared online.  So seems to be connected again.

OF course I have no real idea how this happened and I'm really nervous about the safety of my WORK PRODUCT.

If CC is going to move ANYTHING to the trash for ANY reason, it should notify the users.

In case it matters, my sub is "Creative Cloud All Apps" - Annual plan, prepaid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to my team as well! Do you know how we can prevent this from happening?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why it happens, so I am backing up my creative cloud files every 4 hours.  When it happened it was spontaneous, but I suspect it was since I was using the files and did some moving around of files on one computer and/or had files open on the other computer... but since it was a surprise... I've no clue.

this is a very scary occurrence so I no longer trust the creative cloud storage for anything by sharing projects.  But I won't trust a wip/single copy on creative cloud.

ps>emptying the trash is next to impossible too... I have over 7000 files to delete 200 at a time, and each time it takes around 1-4 minutes per batch,  deleting 7000 deleted files (which go against your quota) takes around 5 hours.

another reason why I can't work on cc cloud storage because tmp and intermediary filed in e.g. character animator number in the hundreds. Ugh.

hopefully someone from devs sees this thread and can help fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Happened to me too. How can i prevent this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - is there a solution for this?  It has happened to me repeatedly over the last few months and it's annoying because it requires me to restore everything and then try to remember what I actually wanted to delete from elsewhere.  Please let us know how to prevent this from happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines