• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Sharing

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to keep the people you are sharing files with from being able to download the material?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to concerned Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Send Link dialog click on Advanced Options and uncheck Allow Downloads.

allow_downloads.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the "Allow Downloads" box hasn't worked for me. The recipient still can right click any image in a folder for which I have provided him a link and save it/download it to his system. An Adobe agent informed me that the ability of a recipient to right click an image and download it is not an Adobe issue and cannot be controlled by unchecking the "Allow Downloads" box. If that's the case, then what exactly does unchecking the "Allow Downloads" box accomplish? Is there anything further that must be done to a folder or an individual image to prevent it from being downloaded by a recipient of a link?         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking Allow Downloads means someone cannot download the original file whether it is a jpg file or a Photoshop psd file. We do not explicitly disable right-click downloading of the lower quality preview image. Disallowing right-click downloading does not really prevent getting the image. You can use any browsers developer tools to just find the direct image url, or even just take a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found no where in the instructions for the use of the site and the use of the Allow Downloads box where that is explained. I emailed the Help Desk at KelbyOne and even they were surprised to hear that such a right click/save image action could be done in spite of unchecking the Allow Downloads box. Frankly, whether we're talking about an original image or a low res preview, I don't want any variation of my images to be capable of download by a viewer. There needs to be a clear explanation of what checking or unchecking that box means. Otherwise we're left uninformed and badly surprised by the sudden appearance of our images floating around the internet without our permission. I've had websites with both SmugMug and ImageQuix. Both sites provided the capability of disallowing a right click/save option in viewing galleries. I don't understand why Adobe wouldn't be able to provide that same service to users of the Creative Cloud. Indeed, developers might be able to break through and find the image url, but your everyday client won't have that capability or care to have it. Anything to discourage taking images without permission is always welcomed. A huge improvement to the Share Link would be to make that Allow Downloads box do what we all thought it was supposed to do, namely, allow or disallow images in all their variations, original or low res copies, to be downloadable or not according to the photographer's choice.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback on both the wording around Allow Download and the feature request to restrict right-click for image download. I will see that it the CC Assets team sees your feedback and request.

My initial comment was intended to mean that taking a screen shot is just as easy as a right-click, and there is no way to restrict this from a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ken. I appreciate your response to me and any help you can provide in better protecting our images in the Cloud. I’ve shared this concern as well on a forum at Professional Photographers of America and there was interest there to hear back whatever response I would get from someone at Adobe. As I indicated, too, in the CC forum, even members at the Help Desk at KelbyOne were taken by surprise that the right click capability was not restricted by unchecking Allow Downloads. And while I appreciate the fact that original images cannot be downloaded, it was still an unpleasant surprise that the right click menu was available at all. Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, I'm running into the same major challenge with my video contact. I don't want to give my clients early versions to download. This is really dysfunctional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean I'm running into the same major challenge with the video content and clients being able to download it before it's fully done and or paid for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines