Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud stopping screen turning off

Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have noticed recently that with Creative Cloud running in the background, my computer will not turn off my screen or put the computer to sleep.

It is a little intermittent, here are the steps I have followed.

1. Creative Cloud is running
  2. Computer screen will not turn off
  3. Exit Creative Cloud
  4. Monitor turns off after preset time
  5. Start Creative Cloud
  6. Monitor turns off after preset time
  7.  Leavc computer in standby for several hours
  8. Activate computer by moving mouse
  9. Computer screen does not turn off after preset time.

I spoke to Adobe support, they advised to close all Adobe processes via task manager. That worked for a while, but the problem has now returned. Of course I can just stop Cloud from running on startup, but it should not happen. It has only started happening in the last few weeks, so it must be related to an automatic upgrade. I have also recently installed InDesign, but I can't yet prove that is the issue. It definitely seems to be related to Creative Cloud.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,

Steve

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, see my post here.

It's a software engineering problem and quality assurance problem.  I expected more from a company that is making 4+ Billion in record revenue for Q3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I'm running Win 10. 

has it been brough to Adobe's attention?

It also seems as if it stops sleep.

Yesterday I turmed everything off in Cloud, but left it in the system tray. System monitor turned off, but did not go to sleeep.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to exit CC, personally I see no real need for it to be running while I'm working ... it's only good for updates unless you use their cloud service and sync?  IMHO, it's just one more task that doesn't need to be running in the background ... if you log it's activity over time you'll see it's a very active process, not really sure why ... what are you folks doing Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a bug with the latest update.  Several posts are popping up for both Windows users and Mac users.

CC in Windows is doing something strange with Video Wake Lock and on Macs, CC is preventing sleep in the Activity Monitor.

Nothing has been solved but many are coming up with workarounds.

Solved: Creative Cloud Desktop preventing PC from going to... - Adobe Support Community - 13107065

Creative Cloud preventing sleep on my MacBook Pro - Adobe Support Community - 13191801

Adobe needs to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty, then!

This whole CC "video wake lock" is getting old, so I decided to come up with a solution that is effective and easy to use.

Here you go:

Command line (ONE line) to prevent Creative Cloud from keeping your screen awake:
POWERCFG -REQUESTSOVERRIDE PROCESS "Creative Cloud.exe" DISPLAY

Command line (ONE line) to check and see if Creative Cloud has been handled:
REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerRequestOverride\Process /v "Creative Cloud.exe"

Command line (ONE long line) for use with GPO or batch files:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerRequestOverride\Process /f >NUL 2>&1 && REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerRequestOverride\Process /v "Creative Cloud.exe" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f >NUL 2>&1 && echo Sleep tight, CC!

I hope this is helpful to anyone tormented by this bizarre wake lock bug.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simpler step is to just not have it running in the system tray until you need to check for upgrades. Then ensure you close it from within the app, not by clicking on the "X" upper right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I agree. I only keep it running because I'm lazy and forgetful. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines