• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud storage - unable to download large files

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 60GB of space left on my CC storage. Today I tried to download large files (about 1.5GB-2GB) but I keep getting the 'download failed/insufficient space' error message.

Tried several times and gave up.

Anyone know what could be the issue?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThievingKlingon, how much disk space is available on the drive you are downloading the file to?  Is this the same drive/partition that contains the operating system?  If not, then how much space is available on the drive/partition containing the computers operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I chose the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder to download the items to, so it's not a local folder on my desktop.

Have been doing that for awhile but only yesterday did I run into these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheivingKlingon, how have you redirected the Creative Cloud files? By default, it is stored on the same drive that contains the operating system. Did you select a custom location?  Is the new location a mounted network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I've attached a screenshot of the cc directory in my local drive.

Today I'm able to download the large files again. Very strange - it just wouldn't work yesterday. Do you think it has something to do with my internet connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to upload the file. Here you go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ThievingKlingon. It looks like you have chosen to have the Creative Cloud Files to be on the F: drive. However, please be aware that sufficient disk space must still be available on the drive containing the operating system.  Temporary files will be stored on the drive to sync and complete the download of the application and complete the install process.

A good rule of thumb is to keep at least as much disk space free, on the drive/partition containing the operating system, as double the amount of installed RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The 'Creative Cloud Files' folder is actually not on F drive - if you look at the image, it's on the same drive as my iCloud folders, so I'm guessing it's on the C drive?

I didn't know temp files will be stored on a local drive to sync each time I transfer files to/from Creative Cloud. If that's the case, is it possible for me to choose F drive for the temp file storage, or it *has* to be the C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, ThievingKlingon, but the temp files must be stored on the same drive that contains the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

Sorry I'm a little confused again - I have 100GB of storage space on CC storage, so all my work files are there. 

But why is my C drive still indicating that CC files are using up 42G of space? I thought all files stored on the cloud? Is it because there's failure to sync the files to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThievingKlingon, Creative Cloud files, and libraries are also stored locally.  Some newer Cloud Documents and CC applications allow assets to be held online-only, but this is the exception.

As previously discussed, please ensure that you have sufficient disk space on the C: drive for any temporary files to be stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I found an option to change the folder location - will this work if I change it to another drive that has sufficient disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends, ThieviingKlingon, how much space is free on the drive containing the operating system?  Temporary files will always be stored on the drive that contains the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines