• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Syncing

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question concerning file syncing. I had a desktop and a laptop. I have been solely on my laptop for the last 6 months as I have been working from home while my desktop has been at the office. My laptop died this weekend and I now need to transition to the desktop machine. 

I opened it up and logged in and the 'creative cloud' folder and files are very old because I haven't worked or logged onto this machine since March. 

My question is, if I start syncing from this desktop, will it sync to what is on the cloud? Meaning match the files that are on the cloud now when I log in via the web. Or will the cloud sync to what is in the actual folder on my machine and over right what is on the cloud? 

I tried to go in and download everything in the cloud, but apparently you can only do it one file at a time and that will take forever and a day. My instinct says it will match whatever is online, but I would hate to be wrong. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i saw your message yesterday and i notice many others did too.  and none of use chose to answer.

i'm not sure why the others failed to answer but i did not because i wasn't certain i am correct and thought someone who's done this before would be able to answer with more certainty. 

but in view of no one answering i thought i would respond today:  i believe you're incorrect, the local files will be used to update your cc files.  ie, you'll lose your cc files and end up with the desktop files only, exactly what you do NOT want.

to work around that, in your cc web folder create a new "share" folder.  move select all your previous folders/files to that new folder.  share the new folder with yourself and download that folder that contains all cc folders/files.

you can then copy (don't move) the downloaded local share folder to your local cc sync folder and resync.  once your satisfied all is secure you can delete the local share folder that you copied to your sync folder.  (though if you're not pressed for storage, imo it's a good idea to maintain a copy of important files that not dependent of cloud stoarge acting sensibly/reliably.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines