• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud thinks I'm using old version of Windows | Can't update apps do to failed requirements

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When checking system requirements, the Creative Cloud desktop app thinks that my computer is running on Windows XP (version 5.1.2600) but it actually is Windows 10 version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2846).

I cannot update any programs because it continually fails the system requirements check.

Where does the app check which version of Windows I am using? I do not know if there is an old file/program that I need to remove.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, what version of the cc desktop app is installed?  (and can you update it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset did not work.

I am using version 5.10.0.573.

I feel like I have old software on my computer somewhere that isn't in an apparent location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you're running CC in Windows Compatibility Mode?

1. Go to Win Start menu.
  2. Scroll down to CC desktop icon (cloud).
  3. Right-click and select Open File Location. This should launch File Explorer.
  4. Right-click on Creative Cloud and select Properties. 
  5. Click on Compatibility tab.
  6. See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this solved?

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually using the cleaner pervmy previous message resolves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had support do this and more several times over the last two days. Except maaaaybe not the ms visual c++-stuff. And maybe not an older installer, but I really couldn't tell.

Support worked hard to fix the issue. They ended up installering previous versions of the software in my plan (photo), so I at least have something to work with. But they can't be opened via CC.  Creative Cloud insists my pc is not updated, even though it has the lastest build. Support pointed to one inconsistency in the info about the build of my Windows 10. It lists the correct build and version numbers – but the install date listed is older that the release date of that build and version. He suggested that I contact Microsoft...

winspecs.png

I believe 22H2 was released in May 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAPPY UPDATE!!: I decided to try your C++ advice.

I recognised the UI for it, so I do believe support tried it. But not as thoroughly as the google results suggested. So I did them all down to and including 2012 and restarted my pc every time one of them told me to. And voila! Now it works. Kglad, you are a treasure! Thank you som much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your update, and glad to hear that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines