• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Upload/Sync process on Larger Files not working correctly

Enthusiast ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last few weeks I have experienced many issues trying to upload H264/H265 4K Video files to Creative Cloud / My Files. By their nature 4K Video files will be large (particularly with higher bit rates and using 50fps and not 25fps). Many people edit in 4K these days.

In summary - I cannot get files over ~ 2GB to correctly upload and sync, and in addition, the Cloud Platform does not recognise the correct file type and reports it as 'OCTET'

This is (to my knowledge) an unknown application bit stream where file type suffix is not recognised.

The problem was escalated to Adobe Technical Support and the whole process so far has been a fiasco.

Yesterday, Technical Support wrote back to me and said 'we are aware of some sync issues on larger file types - but you have to wait'. ....err?... what ?

The email implied there were known issues on many large file types upload - Quote : "This happens not just with h.265/h.264 files but with excel (.xls), mpeg or .dmg files too as fas as we have observed".

However, no indication in the reply whether this would be addressed / fixed.

To add salt in the wounds they also closed the case without telling me.

Closing an escalated valid case without solution is like committing a crime. This signals 'could not be bothered attitude by Adobe'.

As Creative Cloud forms the heart of many user's subscriptions to store assets/ sync / update applications etc, it is clear from reading several posts on this Community Forum that the Adobe Cloud Platform is possibly unfit for purpose.

CC Cloud also displays slow upload times compared to Dropbox/iCloud/One Drive etc on similar file sizes and I only have 30% of my quota used.

I have wasted a lot of time chasing this problem, and after three remote sessions from Tech Support the issue is still reproduceable.

Dear Adobe Product/Technical Management - get this sorted out please, as I think there might be an issue syncing funds from my bank account to Adobe's Accounts.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

To close this thread - and to report back, I have [finally] had a reply from Adobe Support. As of end last week it appeared that the larger 4K files will now sync. Apparently Support claim that an upgrade was done on Creative Cloud - but did not comment whether this was also to address the issue or not. No information was forthcoming.

The only comment I can make is that any upload/sync to Creative Cloud now takes a very very long time. Internet upload speed is as it usually is, so I can only assu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To close this thread - and to report back, I have [finally] had a reply from Adobe Support. As of end last week it appeared that the larger 4K files will now sync. Apparently Support claim that an upgrade was done on Creative Cloud - but did not comment whether this was also to address the issue or not. No information was forthcoming.

The only comment I can make is that any upload/sync to Creative Cloud now takes a very very long time. Internet upload speed is as it usually is, so I can only assume this is Adobe's servers being 1) Loaded 2) Slower ?

Closing this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines