• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud using 664Mb of RAM to do what?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Creative Cloud App so bloated?  Even when I am not running any Adobe Apps, it seems to take over 1/2 Gb of my precious M1 MacBook Pro  RAM.  And there is a string of other Apps such as CEF helpers and desktop services that are of no help at all when I'm not running Adobe App, but they eat memory.  Is it not about time that Adobe ditched this profligate intrusion, even at the expense of startup times for its apps??

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It doesn't really explain why I need to have 2/3 Gb running to provide a user interface for the creative cloud when I'm not using a CC app.  (MacOS never seems to use much more than half of physical memory, for some reason, but that's a different problem.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask Apple about that. 

My Windows PC does not permit apps to consume that much RAM. And I can further refine it if needed in my System Settings under Performance.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines