• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud [was: Suite] still not fully compatible with OS Big Sur

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An email I tried to send to Adobe but got bounced because my case had been closed by me.

Hello,

Thank you for trying to help me.  Everyone was as helpful as they could be.  Professional, polite, patient. 

Unfortunately after a year Adobe has been unable to make Creative Suite fully compatible with OS Big Sur and now Apple has a new OS coming out.  I appreciate you giving me the followign link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html  It relates to Acrobat specifically.  At the bottom of this page...the most recent source of information from Adobe concerning Creative Suite/Big Sur...the last link is called 'Can I run my Adobe apps in macOS Big Sur? . Click on it and it takes you to a page that screams, figuratively, 'ADOBE IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH OS BIG SUR'. An attempt at humor, as I am not mad. 🙂

Here is the bottom line:

Adobe issues.jpg

 Every program except the 'Lightrooms' on this list I use...and it has been a year since OS Big Sur was released. The page even states, right above this table, "We strongly recommend you wait until we have released a compatible version of your app."  No kidding!

All of the above run perfectly in OS Catalina, which I have stayed at only because Adobe is having difficulty trying to upgrade these.  I would like to upgrade my expensive high-end iMac to Big Sur and Monterey, but am hobbled by Adobe products.  It is more important to me that they run correctly as I have 20+ years of archived graphic files that I need to refer to and run correctly.

I do commend and appreciate greatly that you publish these problems. That is a public service. It would be much worse if you didn't tell us and we upgraded and had all these issues.  I understand that it must be a PITA for Apple to keep making you re-work your programs.  I think Apple upgrades their OS much too often anyway.

I honestly thank you all for the wonderful communication.  I look forward to Adobe figuring out what it will take for Creative Suite to be fully compatible with the current Apple OS's.

Good Luck and Praise the Pica!

-Alex Stewart (44 years in commercial printing plants...started on Linotypes)

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

I'm sure Alex Stewart was talking about the latest versions of Creative Cloud products, even if he (?) says Creative Suite (by mistake). The bottom line (as he points out) is that there still are compatibility issues with Big Sur. And he did say that he didn't use Lightroom, so I don't know why Nancy O'Shea brings that up.
Any Mac user who works with CC apps professionally isn't going to take the chance that they all of a sudden won't work perfectly smoothly anymore, or want to implement some ted

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite ended with CS6 and it will never run on Apple's BS operating system

Creative Cloud is not yet, as of the last report I have read, 100% compatible with Apple's BS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You talk about Creative Suite. But that's dead and the page isn't about Creative Suite. The page is about Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Lightroom Classic 10.x is certainly compatible with Big Sur and Apple M1 chip computers.  So not too sure what you're having a problem with. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Monterey is another beast, however.  I would not be too quick to jump on that bandwagon for at least 2-3 months after public release date while Apple sorts out their problems.  And ditto for MS Win 11.  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I wasn't paying attention when the name changed...thanks, all, for correcting me and the title.

@Nancy OSheaI will re-post the link above from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html . Scroll down to: 'What are the known issues or bugs?' Right under 'We strongly recommend you wait until we have released a compatible version of your app.'

This is what Adobe currently says the problems are.  I don't have any problems because I am too chicken to upgrade to Big Sur.

-Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@texxxxx,

Right.  But the various products have been updated (some several times) since Big Sur released.  For the very latest information on OS compatibility, I urge you to check the individual product specs.  I gave Lightroom Classic as one example.  There are many others.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Alex Stewart was talking about the latest versions of Creative Cloud products, even if he (?) says Creative Suite (by mistake). The bottom line (as he points out) is that there still are compatibility issues with Big Sur. And he did say that he didn't use Lightroom, so I don't know why Nancy O'Shea brings that up.
Any Mac user who works with CC apps professionally isn't going to take the chance that they all of a sudden won't work perfectly smoothly anymore, or want to implement some tedious workaround. But professionals also want to use the most up-to-date equipment: for example, the latest OS.
Come on Apple and Adobe, work together on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines