• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CRLogTransport error is back on Windows 11 on Arm 22H2 - Prior Fixes Do Not Work

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud fails to install correctly on Windows 11 on Arm version 22H2. Multiple CRLogTransport errors occur during and after installation, and the CC desktop app fails to update itself, giving error 191. The remedies previously posted on this thread (when followed precisely) fail to help:

Solved: CRLogTransport.exe Error on Surface Pro X - Adobe Support Community - 13310268

I have tested this multiple times, including following a clean installation of Windows 11 from a Surface Pro X factory recovery image. I suspect this is an incompatibility from a recent change in Windows 11.

Please advise. Currently I cannot use my CC products due to this error.  

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the older win 10 installer:

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, thank you for the suggestion. However, I already tried this on my second attempt to get this working, after reimaging my Surface. There is only one Windows 10 for Arm download there, and using this binary produced the same behavior as the regular web installer. 

Since my installation had been working fine on my Pro X until recently, I am fairly sure that a change on Microsoft's end has led to an incompatibility with the current CC product. I had been running the Beta build of Windows 11 22H2 via the Windows Insider program. Figuring that this could be the source of the issue, I factory reset my Surface Pro X using the official Microsoft Windows 11 21H2 image. I completed all Windows updates, after which my machine was on a clean production build of 22H2, with no out-of-box software installed other than Office (MS365). 

At this point I installed Creative Cloud and encountered the same errors. I diligently followed the guidance from the thread I posted earlier and tried again. Same result. 

Again, I am running the production build of 22H2, not an Insider build of Windows 11 on Arm. I am experiencing the same behavior in all attempts to get Creative Cloud to install and update. 

I know my way around a Windows system, and have exhausted all normal troubleshooting, so I expect that this should be easy to replicate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

someone will probably need to check your computer.  contact adobe support so they can determine if that's needed.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines