Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete all already-delted files of creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,
since the new update, there is no checkbutton to select all files in the trash of my adobe cloud (online not local - so the files which are already deleted).
So i have to click manually on every file and the permanently delete it out of my creative cloud. Since i have more then a few hundred files i am not going to do that.
Do you know a way how to select all of the files? And why the f**** did adobe delete the possibilty to do so in the new version?
Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

shfit-select first and last to select them all, then delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shfit-select first and last to select them all, then delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Been searching for a solution for a long time. Eitherway im quiting using Adobe products, too many design flaws, im definitly going to use Procreate instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tis is not a good solution. It takes way too long for the page to load the list of all files when scrolling. I have a 250/250 Mbit connection, and it still loads forever. The page freezes. So that is not a working option.

Why is there not a "Empty trash" button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums and i'm another adobe user like you. i have no ability to change anything related to adobe (and a lot of other things).

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, do it here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-Select IS NOT A SOLUTION.
It is a clumsy workaround. 

Try to delete 85 GB files over slow internet. It takes a day to scroll to the bottom, if 32 GB memory is enough.... as there is also some memory problem.

I sometimes hate Adobe so much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This is not solved. I've been deleting the thousand of so files like this for weeks now....weeks. You can only load so many at a time and the site crashes pretty much after every attempt. I get that Adobe needs to sell more storage but this is not how to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wrote a script that will delete the deleted files one by one (trying to do multiples introduced to many errors). This can be run from the console in Chrome.

1. Navigate to assets.adobe.com/deleted
  2.  Google Chrome
    • Mac
      • Cmd + Opt + J
      • View > Developer > JavaScript Console
    • Windows
      • Ctrl + Shift + J
      • Customize and control Google Chrome (3-vertical-dot icon â‹®) > More tools > Developer tools, then click Console tab
  3. Paste the following code in the console and hit enter. Your browser will loop through deleting the first item until you navigate away. 

var intervalID = window.setInterval(myCallback, 500);
function myCallback() {
document.querySelector('.spectrum-Checkbox').click();
document.querySelector('[aria-labelledby="header-action-permanentlyDelete"]').click();
document.querySelector('.spectrum-Button--warning').click();}

If you run into "can't delete" errors, just refresh and re-enter the script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines