Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete all files in Trash - Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,
since the new update, there is no checkbutton to select all files in the trash of my adobe cloud (online not local - so the files which are already deleted).
So i have to click manually on every file and the permanently delete it out of my creative cloud. Since i have more then a few hundred files i am not going to do that.
Do you know a way how to select all of the files? And why the f**** did adobe delete the possibilty to do so in the new version?
Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Hi Julianvonschmu,

You can select the first file to be deleted in your Cloud storage, hold shift, scroll to the last file to be deleted and select it. That will highlight the entire range and allow you to remove them all at once.

You're not the first person I've seen with concerns about this. I would recommend you make a suggestion so Adobe knows customers want an easily accessible Select All feature. Here is the feature request online form for Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021
  • To select ALL files, use Shift + Click.
  • To select multiple files, use Ctrl + Click.
  • Then delete.  Problem solved.

To submit feature requests, please post on the Creative Cloud UserVoice below.

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julianvonschmu,

You can select the first file to be deleted in your Cloud storage, hold shift, scroll to the last file to be deleted and select it. That will highlight the entire range and allow you to remove them all at once.

You're not the first person I've seen with concerns about this. I would recommend you make a suggestion so Adobe knows customers want an easily accessible Select All feature. Here is the feature request online form for Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DelphiZoa,

thanks for the quick reply.
Your hint works, thanks for that!! That helps.

Yes, i will make a feature request, good idea. I don't get it why they took it away...maybe they want to let you trash run full so they can sell you more storeage...never know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, you never know indeed. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they'd bring it back too, I've got some many in my deleted folder that it took forever to delete in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. What a dumb setup. I mean, when I delete something, or move it from a cloud storage system because I'm finished with it and want to archive it, I expect it to be deleted. Not having access to this folder from the Desktop is silly, not having the notification that you're running out of space telling you why is even sillier. And not having an "Empy bin" button is really dumb. 

Now, someone tell me who makes a market-leading UI and UX tool where things like this could be tested....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very true!
And I just realized it's now one year ago but nothing changed...i guess adobe just don't care...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely bonkers. "Select all" is basic UI/UX command and should always be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes true. I don't know if adobe just don't care or don't have the right people, eye for it, know how...don't know...but also in the programms are basic UI/UX mistakes which drive me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Ligthroom classic instead of cloud, and I placed my catalog and backups within my Creative Cloud folder on my mac. The total space it takes up is about 55gb, but my 100gb storage is completely full from the "deleted" files. Whenever I try to select all, or just more than a few files to permanently delete, either I get an error saying the files could not be deleted permanently, or the browser just crashes. (Since Lightroom creates a lot of temp files, backups, etc, I have thousands of deleted files in there). I can't believe there is no other way to empty my trash and get my storage back!!!! I've reached out to service and referred me to this article, I mentioned I had read it and tried it many times with no success. They asked what type of files I had there and mentioned Lightroom Classic catalog, the rep said they had a dedicated team for that, and was left hanging for hours.

It feels like Adobe doesn't want to fix this just sell me more storage! Please let me know if anyone has any other way of emptying the deleted files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey chavierto, that sound's just like a big pain in the a**.
I can imagine what you are going through this is just bad software...and for me the best solution was:

NOT USING THE ADOBE CLOUD AND USING ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER!!!

Clearly Adobe has a lot of problems with it's cloud service and is not eager to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they don't have the delete all as the files in trash count as part of your storage. So, since it's good business to get more people to get an extra 10 usd/month for the 1Tb in CC ... They make it a pain to delete all... which honestly is stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • To select ALL files, use Shift + Click.
  • To select multiple files, use Ctrl + Click.
  • Then delete.  Problem solved.

To submit feature requests, please post on the Creative Cloud UserVoice below.

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines