• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Files Mysteriously Come Back

New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old files that I deleted months ago keep coming back mysteriously. I've deleted them at least five times now, and I can't figure out what keeps bringing them back. I am part of a team that uses Creative Cloud, and this phenomena has been affecting our entire team cloud.

We all use one root folder that has been shared amongst the entire team so we all have access to the files we create.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Please send me a private Message with the following information:

• The name of the collaborated root folder.
  • The email addresses of those involved in the collaboration.
  • The Adobe ID that is the owner of the collaborated root folder.

Deletion is a two-step process. If you delete files from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop then go into the Archive ( https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive). Think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows. You can then empty the Archive by doing a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me a private Message with the following information:

• The name of the collaborated root folder.
  • The email addresses of those involved in the collaboration.
  • The Adobe ID that is the owner of the collaborated root folder.

Deletion is a two-step process. If you delete files from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop then go into the Archive ( https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive). Think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows. You can then empty the Archive by doing a Permanent Delete from the web application. The Archive is not visible from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop. That all said the files should not be doing a Restore from the Archive unless someone involved in the collaboration is doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the solution to this? This has been an ongoing issue for more than 6 months. It happens with collaborated folders. I have 82 empty folders that have been "permanentlly" deleted from the archive that keep reappearing as soon as a connected team member logs in to their creative cloud (after the deletion has happened.) This is creating a mess in our filing system. Adobe has to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a solution to this?  This has happened to us at least 4 times, including today.  It's going to cause a huge issue with our production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we never got a concrete answer from anyone. Over time we've found a few ways to get the cloud to cooperate with us. Overall, the most important thing is for everyone to constantly be syncing, all day, at all times. And if their cloud stops syncing to re-start the cloud ASAP.

We had a few people on our team who didn't actually need to access the files on the cloud until late in the production process, so up until then, they didn't keep their cloud updated. That caused a major problem because when they did turn on their cloud, everyone else's cloud would bring back files to try and be the same as that person's who's cloud hadn't been syncing the entire time. I hope that makes sense, its kind of hard to explain. Anyways, once we asked everyone to constantly have their cloud on and be syncing it got rid of a lot of files coming back, but even so, now and then some come back.

Here's a few other things we try and do, and I think are working fairly good for us. I'm not sure if these are the "correct" steps to take, these are just things that have been working for us.

1. We try to keep our storage & relatively low. Most times we only have 1 magazine issue up there. We used to have 2, even 3 up there at a time.

2. We realized that the owner of the folder is the most important person. They must keep their cloud updated at all times, their storage % relatively low, and that their trash/archives is deleted frequently to avoid files coming back although they still might come back once in a while.

3. We re-boot our cloud as soon as one of us notices that our cloud has stopped syncing.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came to pretty much the same conclusions as gabrielac40125559. It is very frustrating that one person not sycing as much for whatever reason can mess up everyone elses clouds too. There must be a better way to organize this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still having this problem please reply with a private Message. With the information provided we are not able to reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, even after i clear the Archived folder.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Could you please use the log collector tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com? We will investigate your issue and provide the solution ASAP.

Please provide the information as below in the email as well:

• Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Specific file or folder names that are affected:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:
  • How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
  • What operating systems are you using:
  • Timezone of your computer:
  • Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
  • Using a proxy (Y/N):
  • Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
  • Timezone of your computer:

Best Regards.

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am part of a team that publishes magazines. We all work from different parts of the country so we use the Cloud to collaborate and get magazines done. We have a root folder that we update from magazine issue to magazine issue.

Once an magazine issue is done and completed we delete everything from the root folder and start over on a new magazine issue. Our problem is that even though we "permanently" delete everything from the archive, files reappear back. This is causing major confusion since by the time an old file comes back we are already working on a new magazine issue.

We thought it was a syncing problem, so we make sure to all sync our clouds daily hoping to avoid this problem but that doesnt help the problem.

Please tell us how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriela,

Assuming your collaborating on a folder, my suggestion would be to have the owner of the collaboration delete the entire contents online Adobe Creative Cloud and then empty their Archive Adobe Creative Cloud​. If you still had the issue after doing that, we may need to collect logs from all the collaborators computers next time the issue occurs.

A few other questions I wondered about with your scenario

- How many collaborators are using the folder?

- Do the folders seem like they were getting recreated by the syncing process?

- Did any of the collaborators have their computer shut off when the files were being deleted?

Hope this helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem. I have deleted a folder at least 100 times in the past 3 months and it pops right back up. I have cleared my archived folder multiple times - the thing is, this folder pops right back up before I can even empty the archived folder! Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for a while. Deleted folder with 13K+ files kept reappearing even after archive cleaning and only on one of my Macs.

1. Uninstalled the "Creative Cloud Desktop App"
  2. Deleted "Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/" and "Library/CoreFollowUp/" (Not sure which one did the trick in the end)
  3. Reinstalled the "Creative Cloud Desktop App"
  4. Restarted the computer

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines