Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Creative Cloud include backup and single file recover

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an iMac with MacOS 12.5.

I haven't been able to find out whether photos from Creative Cloud Lightroom (not Classic), that is stored in the Adobe cloud includes a backup of those files at Adobe.

I have been reading about syncing files, but that is not my goal, it is my Creative Cloud stored photos I am interested in.

Or do I need to keep making the Lightroom app (version 5.4) store a local copy of all originals to make my backup software create a backup elsewhere outide the Adobe Cloud?

The reason I am asking is that I am running out of space on my 1TB harddisk and I would like to free up space, but provided they are backed up in the adobe cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Syncing is, as I think you've identified, almost useless as a backup. And Adobe don't offer an alternative. I wouldn't consider it for backup. It's for sharing convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

For Your note, since the answers here seemed to be a bit uncertain, I asked Adobe via chat. Adobe gave me the answer I needed:

"Well, all the images in your Lightroom Application (Not Classic) are stored in your cloud, and apart from you manually deleting them or discontinuing your subscription, nothing removes those files. But no, there is no back up as such. In case you discontinue the subscription, you can still have the contents of your cloud storage for the next 30 days."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always have a local copy

I use a Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing is, as I think you've identified, almost useless as a backup. And Adobe don't offer an alternative. I wouldn't consider it for backup. It's for sharing convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for Your answer, but Your answer doesn't seem to address my question.

As I mentioned I already use backup of my iMac elsewhere.

My question was: Do Adobe include backup. But I guess not, even Lightroom says "Your photos have been Syncdd and backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Your note, since the answers here seemed to be a bit uncertain, I asked Adobe via chat. Adobe gave me the answer I needed:

"Well, all the images in your Lightroom Application (Not Classic) are stored in your cloud, and apart from you manually deleting them or discontinuing your subscription, nothing removes those files. But no, there is no back up as such. In case you discontinue the subscription, you can still have the contents of your cloud storage for the next 30 days."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines