• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you really think we can read "اللغة العربية"?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody in-charge,

Please try to understand that a person living in the UAE isn't necessarily speaks Arabic language, so each time I go to your website, I have to guess where the language switch is (which is also implemented in Arabic (seriously?)). The United Arab Emirates is the country that has only around 30% of Arabic speakers. What makes you display the Arabic version by default to everyone (although browser and everything is in English) without even proper switch to English? Do you really think we can read "اللغة العربية"?

Andrey5E47_0-1643366805173.png

I hope this feedback helps you to improve your services.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Creative Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change language in your Preferences.  Open CC Desktop App. Click your Avatar (top, right image).  Select Preferences.  See Screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, the question is not related to the application. Moreover, the setting is already the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also change the language displayed on Adobe.com pages with a region or language setting at the very bottom of the page.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 1.38.16 PM.pngor

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 1.34.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Try to see the bigger picture. Forget about me, think about hundreds of thousands of your website visitors. 

1. Please take a look at the screenshot, do you see 'change region', 'language: English'?

2. While some of the visitors can autotranslate the page with Google Translate, some of them will just leave the website, because 70% of users from UAE do not speak Arabic and they won't find the language switch.

I hope this feedback helps you to improve your services.

This discussion can be clsoed.

Andrey5E47_0-1643439179619.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change region can be found at the bottom of each Adobe page.

change-region.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in UAE and can say the solutions provided by Nancy and David below are on spot and accurate. What you're experiencing is not Adobe's issue. It is the type of Creative Cloud you downloaded at first what dictates the Browswer Language.

To explain it better, since your Adobe CC applications which you downloaded have Arabic support, so by default it thinks that you're an Arabic speaker.

Solution 1. If you don't use Arabic at all, just remove all your Adobe applications off your machine, change the language of your Adobe CC desktop application to International English or any other language, then download all apps once again. As such, next time to sign-in to Adobe website it will now your Language settings.

Solution 2. Keep you apps as they're, and change the region as David expalained.

Solutions 3. Be modest and learn Arabic while you're in an Arab country 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a professional way to improve the user experience: make them learn the language! 😁👏

As of solutions 1 and 2, the app has already been set to Eng international. Even the switch that is hidden at the bottom of the page is in the Arabic language. So this isn't a request for support to me personally but is feedback to improve Adobe services overall.

Andrey5E47_0-1643441522423.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines