• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double-click won't open a synced file in my Creative Cloud Files folder

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Creative Cloud Files syncing to access and work on my projects files across 2 computers (workplace and home computers -- both mac computers running Ventura 13.3.1). I've been using this system for a little while without any issues. But lately, files that were created or modified on one computer, and that are then synced on the other one can't be opened by double clicking. I have to go to File > Open and then it opens.

For example, if I save a .jpeg file on my workplace computer, when I get on my home computer, the file is synced, but if I double click it or try 'Open With' photoshop, preview or whatever application, the application will open but not the file. If I use File > Open, locate and select my file, it will open. And if I then modify and save it, double-clicking the file will now work on this computer (but not on the other one).
It's not a major problem but if someone could tell me how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about non-sync folder files on that home computer?  can you double click them or use open with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It only happens with some files in the Creative Cloud Files folder. But if I move a problematic file to another location, that doesn't solve the problem, and double click still won't work on that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you pick a file unrelated to your cc files?  eg, double-click a locally saved ps file.  does it open in ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it only happens with some synced files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. your os is not recognizing those problematic files should be opened by what you set as the default opening app.  why that is, i do not know.

you could try right clicking a problematic file and assigning the default opening app.  then see if the problem recurs for that file type again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not exactly that. Both double click and open with doesn't work. If I try to open a pdf with acrobat, photoshop or illustrator using open with (right click menu), the app opens but not the file. So it seems the os tried to open the file with the right app but couldn't. I wish there were a message of error that could give me a hint as to why the file didn't open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Loup22808362fawa,

Welcome to the community! We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. To assist you further, I would like to confirm that you cannot open files by double click, which are in the Creative Cloud files folder on both computers, is that correct? Could you please check if the Creative Cloud app on both computers are up to date? Is it happening with all files or with some specific ones? Did you try to repair the app on both machine to check if that helps?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

This problem happens with files in the Creative Cloud Files folder on both computers. But it's not all files. Some synced files open just fine, but others don't. It's all kind of files (.psd, .jpg, .indd, .ai, .pdf, etc.). And it happens with recently created files, as well as with some very old files too. I really can't think of a determining factor...

The Creative Cloud app is up to date on both computers. I haven't try to repair the Creative Cloud app yet because I'm not sure how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Please check this article to repair the Creative Cloud application: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Let us know if repairing the app resolves the issue or not.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your response. I didn't try your solution yet because I realized something today. I didn't mention it before but I'm French and I just realized today that the problematic files all have French accents such as é è à. Files without accents in their name open just fine, only those with accents won't open with double-click.

After searching about that on the internet, it seems MacOS 13.3 changed the handling of character-sets for files and folder names, and that causes some issues with syncing apps like Creative Cloud, Google Drive and such.

If I rename a problematic file, double click suddenly works -- even if the new name has accents.
I think that during the syncing process, creative cloud renames the file names with a char-set which is now unsupported in MacOS 13.3. I imagine Adobe is probably already aware of that and working on an update that will fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Loup22808362fawa 

report that bug.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug reported. We will see how it goes. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Loup22808362fawa 

thank you.  that looks like the kind of problem adobe would address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem after the update (Ventura 13.3.1a). Adobe support took over the screen, but they couldn't help either. I'm clueless 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@istvanm28262697 

because the problem is pretty minor, it seems reasonable to just wait for another os update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, I wrote about it here before.
What helped was that I switched "Filezilla" to "CommanderOne" and use it to perform file operations.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@istvanm28262697 

thanks for confirming you had a system problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was an Operating system problem and Apple solved the issue. I haven't experienced that problem since updating to Ventura 13.4. Thanks again to those who tried to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Loup22808362fawa 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines