• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated libraries in Creative Cloud

Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem for a while now and I would like to know if there is a fix for this.

My libraries for Styles, Swatches, Gradients and Brushes are being duplicated over time. My fix is to delete those duplicates when there are too many. Somehow CC is creating a folder like "Styles from computernamehere.local" over and over, same for swatches or brushes. Since I have two computers, it will create a few for each computer.

In the images below you can see what happens. I have three samples, and then 4 folders. On top of my original stuff there are three folders that are a copy of my stuff, two from one of my computers (07) and then another one (01), inside they have the materials duplicated.

This happens not only with Styles but also with Swatches and Brushes. In fact today I got a notification that Photoshop wasn't able to load more brushes because there were too many. Of course there were a lot of copies I didn't think of. I periodically delete those but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Thanks for any help.

Duplicates (closed)Duplicates (closed)Duplicates (opened)Duplicates (opened)

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿No one with this problem, only me? 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carola_BHG,

Unfortunately this is not a known issue. I'd recommend contacting and working with our support directly on the issue. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, but for me it is a local PC problem - these assets are not duplicated in the cloud. (That might be because most of my assets aren't duplicated in the cloud, which is a separate issue). I think it is happening because every time CC updates Photoshop, it imports the local patterns and brushes again. I can tell because the further I go down the nested folders, the fewer patterns are in there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Canary3d 

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines