• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email: Support for linked assets ends in September 2021

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a scam email I got or is this for real?

I have tons of files with linked assets. Every huge file I work in illustrator includes tons of linked assets. Are you telling me now that all my linked assets will break and I will have to move all those files to the cloud library, and do manual relinking? Why would I want to do that? How much more do I have to pay Adobe for extra cloud space in order to host all those assets for me, now that I can't link locally anything? Cause I have gigs if not terabytes worth of linked assets. Do I get unlimited free space from Adobe, or my 100gb is all I get?

You know Adobe, I understand that you want to make life easier and more flexible for designers, but with every major change you do like that, this requires designers like myself to relearn entire workflow that I became comfortable with. I don't want to learn a new workflow. I don't want to watch another tutorial; solve workflow and interface problems. I just want to design. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ribik,

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.  But I found this XD help article and a community discussion about XD assets that was answered by an Adobe employee.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't heard this for any silo'd Illustrator workflows. Not going to effect Illustrator design workflow.

The email you may have received is about Adobe XD document assets. (unfortunately for some XD users?not scam)

XD Site Linked Asset Notice & Migration Process:

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/migrate-design-systems-to-creative-cloud-libraries.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines