• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 146 - Unable to Update Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update the Creative Cloud Desktop app itself. Can anyone help? I've set the permissions but the error is still happening. In case it matters, the file in adobeTemp doesn't exist. 

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'CCXProcess-Components', version:4.5.0.27
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: CCXProcess-Components Version: 4.5.0.27). Error code: '146'
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETR263A.tmp\5\specifier\ccxprocess_hd.xml" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Vulcan\specifiers\ccxprocess_hd.xml" Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I renamed the vulcan folder and then got Error Code 506 instead. I then did the recommended regedit solution for that and everything updated and reinstalled correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luis, you can find additional steps to resolve Error 146 at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html.  The error's root cause is that the installer is being denied permission to write the required files to the hard drive.

Would you please update this public forum discussion if you have any questions about the listed solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I renamed the vulcan folder and then got Error Code 506 instead. I then did the recommended regedit solution for that and everything updated and reinstalled correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thanks for the update, Luis!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines