Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

File file sync shuts down my Internet connection – the entire network!

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work mostly with .indd and .ai files on the cloud, and since a couple of months it has become impossible: every time I save a change the internet connection freezes – and I don't mean just the iMac connection I'm working from, but the whole connection of my network, for all the different devices connected to the same router.

I'm sure of it because if I quit Creative Cloud – or I’m not working with any file on the cloud – I don't have any problem, but as soon as I restart it and synchronization starts again the connection is broken (to keep an eye on it I use a Chrome extension: Internet Connection Monitor).

I contacted the support service, but it was completely useless. The only solution suggested was: "move the work file to the desktop and when you're done put it back to the Cloud" - needless to say this method creates many problems for my workflow, not to mention the risk of forgetting to move the files and not finding them when I work on another device.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Has someone had the same problem and found a better solution?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?