• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File syncing is broken

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong with Creative Cloud file syncing. The last three days, anytime I re-name, move or delete a cloud file in Windows Explorer, the files will not sync. The Creative Cloud app tells me this is "due to server error." 

Files remain unsynced unless I go to Creative Cloud web and make all the same changes and deletions.

I tried relaunching the Creative Cloud app. That does not solve issue.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Thanks for your response. Is it possible for you if you can attach the Zip file of the logs here? I've shared the information with our engineering team who are working on it and the fix will be for all users who are currently seeing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Would you mind telling us which version of Windows you're using? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Please ensure your operating system and the Creative Cloud Desktop Application are updated.

Try to open the Creative Cloud Desktop Application > go to Cloud Activity icon in the upper right, click on pause syncing & then resume syncing to check if that helps.

If the above step doesn't help, quit the Creative Cloud Desktop Application from the Task Manager.
Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync and delete any file that has *.db (or a variation such as *.db-wal). Restart the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue started on Friday, March 4. 

I am on Windows 10 build 19043.1526; Creative Cloud Desktop Version 5.6.5.58 -- but it is not an OS problem. Co-workers on Mac OS are having same issue.

Pausing file syncing does not help. Relaunching application does not help. Deleting and reinstalling application does not help. Deleting *.db files will cause old files to sync -- but as soon as new folders are created, syncing stops working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Have you tried running the application as an Administrator? Try launching the Creative Cloud app by right-clicking and choosing Run and Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running as administrator did not solve issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Could you please share the log file with us to investigate further? Check this link to collect the logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Once you have the logs, please share the zip file with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same issue that started around the same time... I'm on a Mac at home and Win 10 at work (CC uptodate on both) and both are failing to sync properly and reporting different files that are failing.

Both systems allow updates to Apps and older files are synced correctly.

Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here; I'm on a Mac. I deleted all files from "Deleted files" and freed up most of our space. Still can't make a new folder without the red death triagle appearing. This is due to "server error". I, too, tried logging out and back in again with no luck. Any help would be most appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem man! Adobe please fix this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully as more people report this issue Adobe will actually look at it. As of yesterday they were still claiming it wasn't happening, or that it was user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the log file with us to investigate further? Check this link to collect the logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Once you have the logs, please share the zip file with us. The issue you have described is known & our product team is working on a fix. I will get back to you once I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I sent my log file yesterday. If you want other people to send theirs, you should include the email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Is it possible for you if you can attach the Zip file of the logs here? I've shared the information with our engineering team who are working on it and the fix will be for all users who are currently seeing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun; My log is 565 MB and the file size limit here is 47 MB. How else can I get this to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. You may upload the logs to the creative cloud assets and then you can share the link with us.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've completed all of the troubleshooting mentioned in this discussion and in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html and are continuing to have difficulties I'd recommend reaching out to and working with our support directly.
Please contact them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David B, did you read the thread? Your co-worker just said the issue is known and engineers are working on it.

Is that the case or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Seth,

You are correct, our engineering is working on the issue but it may be more be expedient to work with our support directly for this type of issue rather attempting to resolve it through the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines