• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files are getting deleted from creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud just deleted 80% of our file from my CC folder on my mac. The desktop application gave me a notification saying that a file had just been deleted and I can all these files in my trash. I did not delete it, and I'm unsure about what went wrong.

This had happened before and I had to manually restore all the files from trash.

This is a nightmare as we use cc as our workspace. Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

@Chris@Neudesic - You have 323 files and 2107 folders in the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive. You can Restore all the items in the Archive. Items were not archived from the CC Assets web application. Please follow the instructions in Lin He's post above and send your log files to the Core Sync team. They will be able to help resolve why items are ending up in the Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has there been any progress on a solution to this problem? we're having similar issues at our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently working on na fix for this issue and hope to update you further as soon as we can.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently speaking with a wet sponge on your chat help.

This has made such a crazy mess of my teams files that I could be losing my job over it. Can I speak to someone ASAP. There are not really any words that can describe the anger and frustration that i am going through. All work in my team 80+ developers has ground to a halt. The CEO is on my back asking for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add what has happened:

1. ALL files got suddenly deleted from our CC.

2. Unarchiving some 4k files.

3. Unarchiving deleted files I don't need.

4. Versions of single psd's that I don't need.

5. Restoring the files into my root CC folder.

6. Everyone in my organisation looking at me for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to our organisation too. Has this happened to all CC file users or just ad-hoc? The cloud still seems to be going nuts syncing things then deleting them - what's the situation and are we able to recover the latest synced files from the cloud (not our trash - if my machine hadn't synced the latest version of a document we will be working on old files - nightmare.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jen, I'll send you an email regarding this.  We will need to capture log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue just happened to us. It seems that all HTML, JPG and PSD files in our shared folder were deleted, while folders and PDFs remained untouched. This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, I'l email you directly so I can capture log files from you.  This will help us understand what is happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to my company as well. As someone who is an avid file organizer on Creative Cloud, this is a big bummer. Is there anyway to resync to a past version that includes all of my files in their correct places? Refiling everything will take some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the same thing is happening to us for about the last week or 2. Every couple days random files are being deleted and end up in the trash. Luckily I can use Time Machine to get things back to how they were, but this is a hassle. It just happened again overnight.

Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to our organization. This has been happening since approx May 29th, 2015.

We spoke with support and they told us that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. So apparently this fix is taking over a month?

We use the cloud for backing up all of our design assets and this is a MAJOR issue with Adobe Cloud Assets. This bug renders the Adobe Cloud Assets beyond useless -- it is creating more and more work for us to go back and restore files. If they are being moved into the trash folders, what else is happening to them?

When can we expect a fix? Where can we get notifications about a fix?

A prompt reply from Adobe Support is appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Support do not usually monitor this forum, Customer Care can always be contacted from Contact Customer Care if you need support immediately. We have verified a fix for files being moved to archive, which will be pushed out to customers sometime in the very near future.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this? I have contacted Customer Care and all they could do was send me back to the forums. They said that they could not access the log files to see what may be causing random file deletion, and they could not see whether it was user initiated or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have had various reports of this and have opened an internal bug for the issue 4100621, which will be investigated by the team.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This system is  pitiful - we have an enterprise level account that we (were) using for this, but the deletion happened so often we've given up. You've had over 6 months to sort this, come on, six months, we'd all have lost our jobs/accounts if we were this useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue with CC sync. It is deleting some entire folders, shared folders too. What is going on with this? It's been happening to me for about the last 2 months. It was working fine for quite a while. Then, all of the sudden...

The odd part is it deletes some folders, but puts some of them back, but the contents of the folder are empty.

I have to waste a lot of time trying to sort out what files are missing and what is correct. Having files randomly delete is terrible! Adobe, you have to figure this out.

NOTE: I did update my Mac to 10.11.3, so maybe that had something to do with it? Another possible issue is using Time Machine or GoodSync to backup local drive. That said, making a local backup has been encourage by Adobe since the beginning of CC Sync for this exact reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed like sync worked on my MAC after tech support changed my cc folder permissions to admin and unchecked "read only". BUT it does not seem to work correctly on my Windows machine. I am unable to keep "read only" unchecked... so I still consider this a problem, I will keep checking the MAC and try and fix the Window issues and keep you posted. Not happy..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.. guess what? I have a tech support ticket open.. and the tech person changed permissions on my CC local folders to admin. I then successfully syned 1600+ files over the course of 4 days with NO deletions. I am watching this carefully and will keep you all posted. This is promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe havent figured out this problem in a year, is there some estimation yet when it should be fixed?

My files started to delete themselves last week, now 2 times have gone through unarchiving them, but it seems this might be only the beginning..

Most annoying part is that resyncing them takes a whole lot of time from workday..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we would like to request more information to understand your issue and provide the solution. Could you please use the log collector tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html )and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com.? Please also provide the information below:

• Specific file or folder names that are affected:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:
  • How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
  • Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
  • Using a proxy (Y/N):
  • Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
  • Timezone of your computer:

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support (redtea)... how many times does Adobe support have to ask us for specs so they can troubleshoot? It's been over a year for me on this problem. Support was able to fix my MAC- with "read/write" changes, but not the Windows machine. Shouldn't this be fixed with an update for all clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

october 2016 it just happened to me.

i finished a design package just in time, made a link to share with my client. around midnight, my client emailed me pissed that the link wasn't working. i checked and my files were gone. even if i can restore them, i can't restore faith with my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26 October 2016 and this just happened to me, was working on files then get told it doesn't exist and find almost everything has gone, restoring 200 at a time from archive now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 12.31.15 PM.png

It's November 29, 2016 and this occurred to me. Any way to restore? Customer Support isn't being so helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just noticed this in my Creative Cloud folder. Something was deleted back in September and I am sure it wasn't me. I wouldn't have deleted a project like this.

I have 20,000 files in my archive. Is there any other way of scrolling through the archive other than page by page? I got to some of the files I wanted by trudging all the way page 41 and it took my 45 minutes, then the restore button wasn't working. I can't believe there isn't a way to search and filter the archives. The interface is so basic it is going to take me hours to trudge through this. You can't even alter the url to go to a page number further along. I am seriously now going to have to click next 41 times to find the files again, waiting for the extremely slow pages to load.

Also, the files give no indication of where they were before they were archived. This makes it even more difficult to tell what the files are for. And I can't tell if restoring a folder means the files that were in it will be restored? This has ruined my day to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines