• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files disappeared from shared drive (deleted)

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last friday I re-organized some folders/files in a shared drive. After a while it seemed CC had some issues with syncing. Now that I've restarted after the weekend, almost all shared files have been deleted! Also online (https://assets.adobe.com/files), the files are now missing.

Digging into the issue, I discovered many of the files are now in my Recycle Bin (Windows). And it seems that a many files and folders have been moved to the Recycle bin in the timespan of 2 minutes.

My best guess is that the files sync mechanism has lost track when I reorganized some folders and somehow remove files/folders..

As forums suggested, I've tried to log into https://assets.adobe.com/files to see If I can find deleted files, but haven't found that feature/button available.

How can I recover our lost files?! I feel hesitant in restoring the files from my trash can, as I'm not the only one working in these files.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Were you able to recover all of your files?

I know this is an issue engineering is aware of and is working on. We are still collecting information and log files to better understand the issue. If you would be willing to collect the following information to help us better understand the issue it would really help.

Please run the log collector shortly after the issue occurs on any machines which were affected

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Please also send these to me as a direct message for privacy

• List of Adobe ID's from all affected workstations
  • Were the files which were moved to the trash/archive part of a collaboration?
  • What was the operating system's for the workstations which were affected?
  • Did all affected have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed?
  • Did the issue seem to be triggered by of the collaborators systems going into a sleep state?
  • Were any of the affected systems behind a firewall or proxy server?
  • What was the internet speed used for the affected workstations?   
  • Timezone and locations of affected workstations?
  • Was there any kind of error message at the time the issue occurred?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

I've send a private message regarding your questions + send you the log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines