• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files keep reappearing when deleted.

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we use assets to store a lot of files and work off the same files on different machines. Today some files that I have deleted keep coming back. It is only in a specific folder. I've deleted them lots of times (and even tried deleting the whole folder and emptying from the archive) and I can't figure out what keeps bringing them back. I am part of a team that uses Creative Cloud and it is effecting all the users.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Time machine has been a lifesaver more than once. Especially when all files in current production disappeared from CC earlier this year!

We haven't looked at using Dropbox. We have a good-sized design team with a lot of big projects constantly on the go, and have come close to filling 100GB of storage in our collaborated folder in past. Have to keep on top of archiving finished projects to a local server. This isn't stable enough for working on files directly though, so CC was supposed to be bett

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Though I have replied you in another thread, I still reply you here and request the same information to understand your issue.  Please use the log collector tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com.

Please provide the information as below in the email as well:

• Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Specific file or folder names that are affected:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:
  • How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
  • What Operating systems are you using:
  • Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
  • Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
  • Using a proxy (Y/N):
  • Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
  • Timezone of your computer:

Best Regards.

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as noted above. There's a particular file I need to get rid of that keeps reappearing, even after deletion/archiving. I am part of a team that uses CC.redtea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor:

Could you please use the log collector tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com and also provide the information below:

• Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Specific file or folder names that are affected:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:
  • How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the solution to this? This has been an ongoing issue for more than 6 months. It happens with collaborated folders. I have 82 empty folders that have been "permanentlly" deleted from the archive that keep reappearing as soon as a connected team member logs in to their creative cloud (after the deletion has happened.) This is creating a mess in our filing system. Adobe has to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to have Adobe remotely control my computer 3 times now and go through like 30 steps in order to delete folders that I'm having the same issue with.  Sure, that fixes that specific folder, but I've had several others end up doing the same thing.  I definitely think this has to do with the collaborative feature because it only happens when the other collaborator signs on with her laptop.  There doesn't seem to be an issue when she uses her desktop. 

Adobe has offered NO PERMANENT solution to prevent this from happening in the future.  Their engineers need to get on this issue and find a solution!  The whole thing with collaboration that sold us was that it was supposed to work seamlessly between me and the other Collab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was successful in deleting a handful of these folders, now CC is showing an error with trying to sync them. (I think I've managed to thoroughly confuse CC).

I have also tried first removing collaborators (I am the folder owner), deleting folders from root folder and permanently deleting from archive, then re-inviting collaborators. Now the collaborators have a second copy of the CC folder populating on their Macs. Ugh.

I'm about to dump CC in favour of a more stable system -- not sure what that will be yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we've gone through those steps as well with the same results.  I even had a folder of completed work get overwritten by incomplete work done 2 days before when the other designer signed onto her laptop.  THANKFULLY I have Time Machine that was backing up the files and was able to recover that folder through there.

Do you know anything about using Dropbox for the same collaborative purpose?  We need at least 75-100gb of space because files we work on are often huge and projects have to sit in their folders for a while before being approved to be stored on our server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time machine has been a lifesaver more than once. Especially when all files in current production disappeared from CC earlier this year!

We haven't looked at using Dropbox. We have a good-sized design team with a lot of big projects constantly on the go, and have come close to filling 100GB of storage in our collaborated folder in past. Have to keep on top of archiving finished projects to a local server. This isn't stable enough for working on files directly though, so CC was supposed to be better for this purpose (plus accessing CC from other locations is a bonus.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greatings,

Was there a fix for this, other than sending the zippeed files?  I'm having the same issue.  A couple empty folders that keep re-appearing after being deleted. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021 - how is this issue not fixed yet? everytime I remove files from the creative cloud folder on desktop - it keeps reappearing. Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL a problem in Sept 2022. And I'm the only user, no collaberation. The deleted file keeps reappearing and will NOT leave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nov 2022 – I'm having the same issue. Folders with 4 people collaborating. We turn off our sync, all of us delete the folders both in online CC and on the desktop. Empty the Deleted folder to Permantly delete the folders. And as soon as you sync, the folders return on all our machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines