I work on illustrations on my ipad, procreate and save my files to CC in "files" latest iOS 11.4.1
When choosing to save to files / Creative cloud, I noticed that some folders appear double on my ipad, also when viewing them on CC app, but on my macbook they appear correctly.
This is quite confusing and I wonder if it is a known issue and if there is something I can do differently when deleting folders and files to avoid this in the futrure?
Thanks in advance!
Do you know what workflow results in the duplicate folders being created? Is it something that you can cause to happen by going through specific steps?
If I select an image in Procreate in the gallery view, go to Share and choose my image format, I then see a Copy to Creative Cloud option (not using Save to Files). If I select that, it opens the Creative Cloud app with a choose folder option at the top and upload button at the bottom. If I select a folder and upload this way it doesn't seem to create any duplicates for me. Maybe test and see if you get the same result?
Thanks for your response! I might have not explained well enough, as the issues I have are not happening when saving to files from procreate, it is when I noticed something was off. I'll try explaining again and better this time.
The duplicates are folders and they weren't created in procreate itself. They only appear when I look at my CC files on my ipad though and aren't there when I look at my CC files on OSX.
Example of what I did and what I later see:
1. I moved a folder from CC to the trash on my imac, emptied trash.
2. I copied a new folder from my imac's hardrive to CC
3. On my CC folders viewed on OSX it's fine: no duplicates
4. One second later on my ipad pro folders, some folders are doubles
My question is: How comes in iOs they are double and in OsX they are as I arranged them in the first place.
Hope this was a clearer description of the situation, apologies for the missed first try.
Thanks for the clarification. I also had some additional questions about your description of the issue.
For steps 1 and 2 do the folders have the same name? Are you deleting the original folder and replacing it with a different copy that has different content but the same name?
I'm wondering if this is some kind of delay updating on the view on iPad or it's creating a duplicates to prevent file loss.
A couple additional questions
- Do you see the duplicates folders online here too? Adobe Creative Cloud
- Are the duplicates appearing when viewing the folders within the Creative Cloud app on the iPad?
- Would it be possible to post a screen shot of what you're seeing on the iPad?
- Do the duplicates stay there forever or do they eventually go away?
I periodically copy my folder on my main Computers hard drive with all active projects to the CC, so yes, there are folders that have indeed the same name. The folders are organized like this:
<Work in Progress>
- no, the duplicates do not show up when I view my CC folders via web browser
- the Duplicates appear on ios on all my devices (ipad pro, iphone, latest ios installed)
- yes, they also appear in the CC app on the ipad
Attaching a screenshot has privacy & confidentiality issues as it has client & project names.
Thanks again for your help,
Thanks for the additional details. I'll try to recreate the issue on my Mac and iPad. I'll let you know if I see the same thing. Hopefully I do for the sake of being able to report it to get it fixed.