• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General issue - told my case closed, but engineering still working on it?

Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really confusing support message today which doesn't give me confidence in Indesign's Publish Online product.

Yes, I've been told that I'm a fool to think I can build a business of the back of Publish Online, and also that I should be using Ajar In5, but Publish Online when working properly is fantastic for my business.  However, one of my issues recently has been a change to the Publish Online system that means document opening speed is much slower.  Originally (several months ago), it was blazingly fast, but now it really does just take it's time, pity because the speed was one of the things that convinced me Publish Online was a viable service (even if Adobe turned round and said at some point they'd charge for hosting later on, that'd be understandable).

So, having reported several issues, one of which is slow document load speed, I get the following from Adobe support:

Firstly an email saying my case is closed.

Then in support chat:

Me "I don't understand that - how can the case be closed if your engineering team hasn't solved the issue?"

Sarthi in reply:

"Sure. I want to inform you that the case is closed however the issue is reported to our team and they are working on it. There is no such estimate time to fix this issue however the team will update on a link once there will be and update from an engineering team."

I really don't know whether I'm being fobbed off, or if the issue is REALLY still being worked upon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this will be better off in the Creative Cloud Services forum.

I think what the email means is that they've decided this is a bug and may take a while to fix, so there's no point leaving the case open. However, I am not an Adobe employee and I do not know their policies on this.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LinSims is correct.  the agent confirmed adobe's engineering team is aware of the issue, but there is no estimated time of repair.

that still leaves you hanging indefinitely, so you should look for a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again contacted adobe about slow load speed issue of Publish Online docs, now about 3 months since first reported this issue, at same time as loss of ability to save to homescreen in Safari. Just really seems to be no interest at Adobe to solve these problems. It's weird really, because no sooner do I re-report than I get email from support to say case closed, although support then tell me engineers are aware of issue????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you see this problem across multiple browsers, multiple computers and multiple networks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are these indesign files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines