• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help choose an Adobe product

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need advice on whether an Adobe product can help me build on a family history book in progress.

I was writing a book with MyCanvas.com which sadly used Adobe Flash. This program was discontinued because - you know why - Flash has disappeared. I have about 25 pages of text/photos, charts, and tables which have been provided to me in a PDF but cannot be transfered into their new program because they were created using Flash.

This stinks. I have about 500 hours of research and design in my old, incomplete book.

I am hoping to create additional pages to incorporate with the old ones, edit the old pages by adding text or photos. Can I do this with Adobe Acrobat? Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry your online service is deprecated by the Flash Player EOL.  

Honestly, Acrobat Pro DC is NOT an editing tool per se.  It's OK for small changes but it's ill-suited for large editing projects.  It's much better to edit documents in the native apps that created them.  I.e. use Acrobat Pro DC to convert MS Word, Excel or InDesign files to PDF. 

Unfortunately, converting from PDF to Word, Excel, etc... rarely works the way we all would like it to. Some things just don't translate to other file formats.

My tools of choice for creating books are MS Word and InDesign.  Photoshop is my image editor.

Hope that helps.

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Creative Cloud Services.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines