• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How bad is loosing an Adobe Porfolio password?

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what would happen if I password protect a whole site and then I loose the password, is it possible to still edit the site accessed through the Adobe Portfolio application? I would assume so, but wanted to ask before doing that, I have spent a serious amount of time working on it but wanted so show it to a couple of people remotely before I go public with it.

Obviously I will be careful about the password, but feel paranoid about getting shut out.

Thanks.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura
TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

That's correct. You can still access the Portfolio console with your Adobe ID and password to disable password protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Nancy OShea has mentioned that this is the place to post for Adobe Portfolio. And why is there no forum for Portfolio may I ask?

Thanks.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say don't post here, only that there are different links for Portfolio help

I am just another user, so I have no idea why there is not a forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and suggestion John. I am new to this community and did not realize you were another user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new site rarely gets any traffic until you start promoting it on social media and with paid keyword ads on Google and Bing.  If nobody has the URL, nobody knows it exists. 

I don't think you need password protection unless you're displaying adult content that should not be viewed by children or you're protecting sensitive data from the public.  That's mainly what password protection is used for.  

But to address your question, don't forget the passwords.  Write them down and keep them in a desk drawer or Rolodex along with other important IDs, passwords and PIN numbers.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good information Nancy, thank you. I use a password manager, so I should not loose them, my question has more to do with not loosing all the work I have put into it since the portfolio can not be backed up in any way (or can it?):

If I loose a password to a site I have protected with a password, I do not loose my ability to remove that password or edit my site, as long as I can access my Adobe account, is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. You can still access the Portfolio console with your Adobe ID and password to disable password protection.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines