• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I disable core sync and updaters?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite installed a bunch of auto-running programs like update checkers and core sync. Now that I just found out Core Sync was the culprit hogging the CPU at 100% and draining the battery (this is on OSX) I am looking to disable it altogether — or more precisely, prevent them from running on startup. I'll run the updater manually and don't need to sync stuff to a cloud that don't use. What's the best way to do disable these services?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Our developers helped create this support article providing info about some of the background processes and why they are required https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

If you don't use the file sync functionaltiy you can pause it in the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences

pause_sync.jpg

Although many of the background processes can't be quit, they shouldn't have any significant impact on system performance. If you're seeing performance issues due to Adobe background

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: "

You can remove creative cloud desktop, coresync and application manager with the removal tool.

do this :

1) Install creative cloud, login into your account and install the adobe apps you need

2) Use the removal tool (link at the top) to remove coresync, creative cloud desktop  and application manager - you'll notice a big difference in resources NOT being hogged by adobe  bloat once they've been removed."

My computer will not let me uninstall creative cloud bc I have applications that require it. It will only let me repair it or delete it after I uninstall all the other creative cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Core Sync is pure evil. Leaving processes running in the background after a user closes an app without alerting the user is unethical. Core Sync used 19% of my brand new MacBook Pro's battery within 10 minutes.

Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply removed Adobe Core Sync folder from my computer. Seems to work at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. I could run illustrator or photoshop much faster 15 years ago on an old clunker of a pc than i can today on my imac. I only need it to do the same things as I did back then, but unfortunately everything takes soo long now on CC that I can't even take on design jobs anymore (I freelance on the side) because the software is unusable now. I know this is an old issue but its gone on too long and only gotten worse. I'm going to quit my subscription to it altogether and look for alternatives if I can't get anything to work in the next couple weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time and time again I have had to reinstall my OS and all my Creative Cloud Apps because this Cloud Feature continues to eat my CPU and completely disables my computer. It seems only to happen when Adobe does it's thing for auto updating, etc. I am NOT HAPPY about this, it takes days, if not a week, at a time to resolve the issue, back up files, wipe and restore and reset the SMC and NVRAM, never knowing which one of these things is actually going to get me working again, which when you have zero CPU left, it takes forever to do anything. This repeated process takes time and money away from my paycheck. Adobe should be liable for that, they aren't providing a consistent service at a quality that matches the price tag.

Not only have I had to buy the creative suites twice, since I started using it, at the price tag of $2500. All these years later, due to Adobe's greed and refusal to let the newer versions read files created in older software that was bought and paid for...now I have been paying a monthly fee for the last 5-6 years that is actually unaffordable but necessary to my work flow.

Why on earth haven't they fixed these common issues that everyone has been complaining about for five years? I am SO GLAD I stumbled upon this the core sync in my extensions with this latest crash (second time in one month) and googled it to see if it had anything to do with CPU. Wow, just wow. Adobe is lucky to have the market monopoly here because if there was another comparable company, I would jump ship in a heart beat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON WINDOWS PC

• Disable all Adobe On Startup
  • Restart

I don't currently power use my PC for Adobe CS.
I'm more of an occasional user, and can just switch off the Startup Processes until I might need them.
Regardless, it seems I can still use Adobe CS just fine without the process at Startup.

I noticed my CPU maxing out (100%) and the fan running in overdrive.
Granted, my laptop is weak, but it's super inconvenient and interfered with even being able to smoothly use a basic program like Adobe Rush.

• I opened Task Manager and noticed the Process being bogged down by Adobe.
  • I checked Performance and the system was maxed out.
  • I checked the Startup tab, disabled all the Adobe (at Startup).
  • When I restarted my computer it runs without issue.

BEFORE DISABLING AT STARTUP

​Before DISABLE it shows as HIGH impact on Startup

After DISABLE the CPU runs just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dissable adobe CC app from auto launching on mac:

launch terminal

copy and paste this: launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

restart

done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new Laptop which is a half year old (Dell G3, Win10) core sync does not only eats so much of my CPU,
but it heatens the CPU up to 100°C. As if I close coresync + cc tasks, cpu getting back to 40-45 °C quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Core Sync problem came about when I changed out my hard drive on my laptop

after changing out the hard drive, the Creative Cloud needed me to sign out of my old laptop account, so that it could register my new component in my laptop (only two registered apps at once kinda thing)

after that, Core Sync ate up my WiFi usage syncing all my Creative Cloud files again, I suppose because now they were on a new hard drive.

My solution was to pause the Sync, delete all my local Creative Cloud files, on my hard drive, and in the Cloud, then resume the Sync of no files, and I could use my WiFi send and recieve again without Core Sync eating it all up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny Thing. Core Sync is still running when killed. Results in Problem while working in Bohemian Sketch which lags here and there. Yeah. I coming closer and closer to not working with Adobe anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting errors on shutdown on a completely fresh build up PC. Just downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud and if I want to shut down the system tells me it can't because Core Synch doesn't respond. Found this by searching and I'm baffled! How can such a good product come with such s***??? Let me chose what I want running if I don't use your program... Killed all autostarts and everything from Adobe for now. Lets see how this works out.

You should definetly improve here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm right there with you, running other apps and getting into issues with this background file sync and other performance problems. Disabled means DISABLE, don't run. About to drop for something else, I don't use it enough to warrant these headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a security app called Lulu.  It moniters apps that send information from your computer to someplace else.  BTW,  I am using MACOS and I don't know if it works for windows.  When any app wants to communicate with an outside source, an alert window pops up and asks permission.  You can say, yes or no, temporarily yes, etc.  I said yes to all adobe apps, but you can review your permissions and change that, so you give it temporary permision when you are using an app. Currently I have given Core Synce permanent permission, and I have been using the acitivity monitory, especially on my MacAirbook, not so much on my IMAC, to force quit it.  Core Synce will spontaneously start up again maybe once or twice, but eventually stays quietly in the background, using very few resources.  Very much a pain, but takes about 60 seconds to make it "settle down". Also, Core synce does not always want to hog all the recourses. I am aleted on the MacAirbook because you can year the computer kick in and start heating up.  I encrypt and sync some document with the CC storage, so syncing is important to me, but it seems as if a more efficient process could be developed.  While I think this app should address some of the issues raised, Adobe should really be responsible for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years after my last post here, I've earned a couple of likes, which made me thoughtful.

It also seems that a large opposition has formed against my original points. Some of those opinions are legit, others are just plain ignorant — or people are so used to bad software that they won't even notice.

I stand corrected in one point, though: today I couldn't care less about the CC background apps/daemons. I've come to the point where I just accept this crap, because there are worse things to 'worry' about: It shocks me to see that Adobe's software is victim to software bloat not describable in words anymore. The sluggishness of the applications drove me 99% away from Adobe and I can't even express the disappointment and anger when I am forced to open up Illustrator or Photoshop to work with teams which still use Adobe software. The CC apps are TIME THIEVES in every single aspect and it saddens me to see that — once being an absolute Adobe fanboy — there is no argument anymore for supporting this company or their apps. As already said I was a long-time user of Adobe software, starting with Adobe Photoshop 3.0 (and I mean 3.0 and not CS 3.0). These apps were a joy to use, many productive years, projects and happy customers resulted in this love.

Nowadays: the user interfaces are streamlined for beginners by default, and annoying tooltips, popups and a cluttered, visual-noise-prone UI need to be sorted out before getting to work — for each app separately. I could do an endless list of annoyances but I will stop here, as I have long switched over to alternatives which do their job: fast, reliable and with a top-notch ease-of-use.

I'd recommend anybody who dares to experience something better, something new to try alternatives. And to spread the word, so hopefully Adobe one day listens to "the rest of us" and publishes a "PRO" line of their application range, aimed at the professional user and with their needs in mind. Until then, Adobe is plain dead for me.

PS: history repeats itself. Apple did go through a very similar story with their Pro apps and Pro computer appliances. Yet they did manage to establish a pro-user segment again. I wish you the best, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running an eval of creative suite on my mac and have same issue with these processes being in the top 5-10 processes in terms of CPU utilization when I have no Adobe products running.  These should not be so busy, or they should be designed better to use less resources, either direction is a product problem.  I will probably uninstall and not purchase the product due to these services that waste resources on my laptop, burn batter, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our developers helped create this support article providing info about some of the background processes and why they are required https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

If you don't use the file sync functionaltiy you can pause it in the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences

pause_sync.jpg

Although many of the background processes can't be quit, they shouldn't have any significant impact on system performance. If you're seeing performance issues due to Adobe background processes first ensure your operating system is up to date and that you're using the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app. You can manually check for updates by selecting Updates on the left-hand side of the app and then Check for updates from the flyout menu on the top right.

check_for_updates.jpg

If you're still experiencing performance issues with everything up to date please contact our support directly for assistance. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

If you have feedback for our developers related to the background processes the best way to let them know is to share your feedback here: https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally only need Photoshop & Illustrator. I don’t want the "cloud." (ew... we have macs for that). I don’t want anything to do with Adobe services aside from these two apps. I actually wish I didn't want anything to do with Adobe generally lol. I am a student and have the cheapest CC $9.99/month option… I can’t afford to actually buy individual apps.

Creative Cloud is a nightmare with all this shyt I don't need or care about ... "core sync," “core sync helper,” “desktop service," "CC library," "CCX process," "creative cloud helper” … the list goes on and on and it is clogging up my CPU on my wimpy “to go” MacBook Air (rather than my iMac//office computer). These services will not go away, and when I force quit them on the activity monitor they come back up within 1 minute... Insane... Feeling violated...

I have changed the settings to not launch automatically on restart, and yet it still does. I’ve turned off everything in preferences but it is still telling me that I’ve “paused” my “file syncing” … Ew. What am I even syncing… I just want to use photoshop and illustrator. I DON’T WANT TO SYNC ANYTHING, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH CREATIVE CLOUD OTHERWISE!!! PLEASE HELP ME I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK you are Not Forced to Sync anything. You can Turn off the sync feature in the CC Desktop App.

2020-09-29 08_07_03-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is all this bloatware installed alongside CC? For instance IPCBroker constantly runs in the background on Mac OS X Yosemite, shutting down the process restarts it in the background the next second. What are these mysterious background apps? They weren't there in CS6 so I have no clue why they're here in CC. Please explain.  Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 22.01.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arty,

Here is a brief explanation about what these do

•     Adobe Application Manager URI handler – Component that makes sure that web page download of app opens up in Creative cloud hence CC app is already installed and the plugin is enabled in browser.
•     Adobe Application Manager – Component within the Creative Cloud app for updating applications and showing UI for licensing.
•     AASlap – Component that manages secured licensing of application.
•     IPC Broker – Component that is required for inter adobe app communication and also communication between various components of same app.
•     AAM Launcher – for launching the the correct workflow in Adobe Application Manager. i.e. Licensing, Update etc.
•     AAM Registration Notifier – Component that reminds you fill out registration form after several launches of the app.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow, isn't just easier to make one app that completes all these functions vs. infest people's computers with 6 single-purpose apps? At least thanks for replying, it's the first post on the internet that had a staff member coherently answer this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems pointless when IPC broker takes 100% of my cpu and laptop battery will not keep a charge and computer over heats. Super cool adobe. There has to be a way to uninstall or delete this broker or click a setting to only use if using. I never use adobe but twice a month but yet it takes up 100% of processing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines