• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I prevent CC from automatically creating the "Creative Cloud Files" folder?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC for syncing fonts and keeping my applications up to date. However I have disabled the file sync because I've found it very unreliable when syncing files between Mac and Windows.

I'm a bit annoyed that even though file sync is off CC keeps creating the "Creative Cloud Files" folder and shortcuts on my PC. When I delete the shortcut and the folder they reappear when I relaunch CC. Is there some registry hack to disable this behaviour?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here (on macOS): I enjoy using the Creative Cloud apps (Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.) but I am not interested by the cloud itself. I thought I had found the combination of preferences in the Creative Cloud app (and in System Prefs > Extensions) to prevent the Creative Cloud Files folder from recreating itself automatically, but no: every time I delete this (empty) folder, it's back the next time my Mac is restarted. That's really annoying. With Office 365, for example, once you set the OneDrive app such that the OneDrive folder is not created, it stays like that until you change the setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines