• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Lightroom CC syncing - I've run out of storage

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've permanently deleted everything in 'My Files' in Creative Cloud, also several years of photographs from Lightroom but I'm still over my limit for storage (100GB). These deleted photographs will be available for the next 60 days, so perhaps they are still showing up in total storage.

My problem is that even when they're gone I suspect that Lightroom will set about syncing my photographs all over again.

I no longer use Lightroom Classic as it was doing something similar on my hard disk, collecting images and, I think, generating thumbnails of them.

So perhaps it would be possible to still use Lightroom CC but somehow prevent it rounding up all my photographs from my hard disk?

I know this question has been asked before but I haven't so far found a solution in the various discussions. I guess I'm trying to stop Lightroom doing what it's designed to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

In order to free up storage, you have to disable the photoshop presets feature as described here (chose NO when asked to keep the data in the cloud): https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

go to your cc web site by opening cc desktop app>clicking cloud icon>cc web

kglad_0-1664632036829.png

empty all 8 folders (using top and left side menus)

click the lightroom and link at bottom left and delete those files

lastly, delete from your deleted folder

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to free up storage, you have to disable the photoshop presets feature as described here (chose NO when asked to keep the data in the cloud): https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

go to your cc web site by opening cc desktop app>clicking cloud icon>cc web

kglad_0-1664632036829.png

empty all 8 folders (using top and left side menus)

click the lightroom and link at bottom left and delete those files

lastly, delete from your deleted folder

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad  Thank you so much for talking me through that. I followed your instructions very carefully and I've now got 100GB of freespace (with just 640Mb taken up).

It took a long time because in Lightroom alone I had 26,273 images. Always quite scary pressing that 'Delete Permanently' button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

(and other than the sync folder, deleting from your https://assets.adobe.com/files doesn't delete your local content.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines